999-999-9999 (cell phone) • firstname.lastname@example.org
JOHN S. NELSON, CPA, JD
Certified Public Accountant
Member New York State Bar
Aand management executive with successful experience with fast growing startup and turnaround companies. Strengths include
- Strategic planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raising,
- Cash management,
- Systems development and implementation
- Cost cutting.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – EQUIPMENT, ABC, Inc., New York, NY 11/04-2/10
- Established utilization targets for a $70 million fleet of rental equipment; set department objectives and created measurable, specific goals for departments and individuals.
- Developed business justification for expanded depreciation lives of assets; resulted in $4 million in increased annual earnings.
- Established department review process to streamline work processes and to reduce time to respond to a customer inquiry; promoted inter-department cooperation.
- Enhanced the internal procedures on cost justification of new rental fleet equipment; established financial targets on all elements of the rental fleet
- Implemented dashboard process to focus on the key operating performance measures; established up mechanism on highlighted action items
- Developed fiscal policies and procedures; researched and implemented enhanced features of existing financial system
- Completed $8 million long term credit facility to allow expansion of rental fleet; accomplished at favorable rates in a difficult lending environment
- Developed strategy for dealing with delinquent A and R accounts; implemented early warning system on new accounts; developed new collection techniques
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, XYZ Corp, New York, NY 1/03-11/04
- Managed $15 million bank credit facilities and raised $5 million debt and equity financing.
- Developed metrics to monitor and measure sales performance and built a pipeline to track all opportunities with the CEO and sales team.
- Led financial, strategy and various presentations to bankers, financing companies, investors, strategic partners and the Board of Directors.
- Managed annual audit and implemented internal controls over financial reporting (SOX compliance).
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, BCD, Inc., New York, NY 1/01-11/02
- Executive team member reporting to the president, responsible for the stewardship of the ministry finances.
- Responsibilities include cash flow, financial reporting, banking relationships, budgeting, station acquisitions, financial review, monitoring and control of individual stations, Board of Director’s financial presentations.
- Accomplished cleaning up financial audit deficiencies by first audit after taking the position.
- Directed the upgrade of the IT infrastructure. Completely eliminated data losses from server crashes.
- Mentored business unit managers in financial knowledge, understanding and abilities.
- and advised CEO on M&A strategic analysis and due diligence.
J.D., New York University School of Law, New York, NY
B.B.A., cum laude, New York University, New York, NY