999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: (999) 999-9999 • Cellular: (999) 999-9999 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
versatile, decisive senior executive and finance leader with ability to reduce costs, improve capital structure and build a high performing team. Ability to make valuable operational improvements. Big Four and CFO success in major public and start-up companies.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Managing to High Profitability
- Building Sales & Equity
- Start-up and Capital Raising
- Financial and Management Reporting
- Improving Financial and Regulatory Relationships
- Operational Streamlining & Capitalization Improvement
EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND AND TRANSFERABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
PRESIDENT AND OWNER
ABC INC – Any Town, NY 2008 – Present
- In 2 years grew the start up to over 2 million in cash inflows annually by factoring our receivables, this was needed due to lack of short term operating capital for advertising and payroll.
- Day to Day Financing Activities, Monthly Financial Forecasting, weekly and monthly cash flow analysis
- Daily Accounting, Record keeping, Reconciliations
- Annual Accounting G and L Adjustments, Adjusting Journal Entries, Reconciliations, Accruals, Depreciation Schedules.
- Prepared and Filed Federal and State Income Tax Returns and Payroll taxes.
- Prepared monthly commission sheets based on several criteria. Using macros, v-lookups, and formulas helped to expedite and streamline the process as several data sources were needed for the calculations.
- Developed the company website and maintained it using free open source web tools to curb costs.
- Maintained Millions of Customer’s Data and Customer Direct Mail Lists, Manipulated data for direct mail purposes using Excel Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, Macros, Sorts etc. Processed approximately 50,000 leads per week. By analyzing our leads discovered we were being sold the same leads by our vendor which effectively saved us approximately $25,000 which was reimbursed.
- Created an Access Database to track special programs that our sales database did not provide.
- Implemented a self directed re-insurance company to keep the proceeds of the insurance policies in house.
- Set up 2 legal structures separating the Re-Insurance from the main business for legal and tax advantage purposes. Researched the Legal issues in each state that we conducted business for compliance.
- Sought out and obtained lines of credit for Extended Car Care through presentation and interviews with officers.
- Automated the accounting system so that all transactions could be imported directly from the sales data base into our accounting system saving 5 hours of work per day.
FOUNDER & PARTNER
XYZ CORP – Any Town, NY 2006 – 2008
- CFO of XYZ (Developer and licensor of anaerobic digestion and waste treatment systems that convert organic waste into clean energy and reusable products).
- Built pro-forma models for the parent company and the Bio-Refineries.
- Federal and State grant applications.
- Investor presentations and Financing structures.
- Mentoring a new CFO at an engineering and mechanical construction company.
- Created an interim reporting system for a defense company that had grown too rapidly.
- Clean-up of 2 years of accounting records for a beverage company.
- Set up the accounting systems for Siemens portfolio companies.
- Assist Private Equity Group with acquisitions and due diligence.
BCD INC. – Any Town, NY 2004 – 2006
- As part of the senior management team, served as CFO for a group of LLC’s and Partnerships involved in medical staffing, credentialing and clinical trial management. Supervised a staff of three employees while fostering teamwork and a positive environment.
- Streamlined accounting department by developing new and automating various accounting processes allowing for increased growth without adding additional accounting personnel.
- Worked closely with the owner and senior management in day to day operations of the company, as well as offering ideas and suggestions to improve corporate performance.
- Developed executive reporting dashboard to allow ownership to visually see and monitor key financial indicators.
- Responsibilities included timely preparation of consolidated financial statements, month end journal entries, bank reconciliations, treasury functions, working with bankers, monitoring debt covenants, payroll processing, preparation of government reports, developing and monitoring budgets, monitoring cash flow, financial trend analysis, and assisting CPA firm in tax preparation.
- duties included human resources, coordinating IT, managing insurance coverage, and contract administration.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
BS (Accounting) – University Of New York – New York NY
CPA (Certified Public Accountant)