999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Residence:  999-9999 • email@example.com
William Anderson, CPA
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND CORPORATE CONTROLLER AND DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Growth, Revenues & Market Share to Unprecedented Levels
Strategic Planning and Start-Ups and Turnarounds and Acquisitions
- Energetic, accomplished, multi-dimensional, solutions-focused Controller and CFO, recognized as a respected, influential voice possessing a strong leadership presence within an accelerated environment demanding swift mission-critical decision making capability, definitive action and absolute performance reliability. Lead aggressive growth plans; provide financial metrics to manage risk and make intelligent business decisions. Realize optimum efficiency and control through the design and implementation of integrated financial systems. Offer professionalism, commitment and impeccable integrity.
- Expertise in financial management practices across diverse industries within multi-site entities. Talent for working with CEO’s and Company Founders.
- Serve as model shirt sleeve executive, successfully managing cross functional teams through motivation, coaching and open communication. Advance team performance. Instill commitment, accountability.
- Intuitive logical – analytical thinker, with a refined skill set in negotiations and crisis management.
Strategic Planning, Execution & Management Cash & Asset Management
Forecasting, Reporting & Analysis Process Reengineering
Multi-Site Operations Management Human Resources
New Business Development Cross-Cultural Work Environments
Relationship Building Presentations & Consultations
Excel, MS Word, LOTUS, WordPerfect, MAS90, Timberline
Peachtree, QuickBooks, Macola, Metal ware, Pro Series
ABC INC. Any Town, NY 8/01 – 10/08
- Acting CEO over a total of approximately 4 months while CEO was gone having full authority and responsibility reporting directly to the board of officers.
- Implemented productivity and benchmarking standards to improve efficiencies facility wide.
- Implemented a nurse documentation program to reduce risk with RAC.
- Identified reimbursement contracts with opportunities for improved reimbursement and in renegotiating them.
- AR Days reduced from 70 to 53 and cash on hand doubled.
- Implemented Provider Based Clinic.
- Committee member for IT transition and implementation.
- Positive operating margin maintained throughout tenure.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY 2/98 – 8/01
Co-Founder, VP & CFO
- Vision & Strategy: a full-service, strategic event management company dedicated to providing event management resources and services for virtual and live events.
- Sales: XYZ has grown 100% year of year to over two-million dollars in annual revenues.
- Human Resources: Pay rolled over 20 employees, including 3 executives, Managed Partner Network.
- Products & Services: Manage 200 Cisco partner programs in one quarter and $400,000 in Cisco JMFs.
- Business Development: Worked with various XYZ partners to resell various event technology including event websites and registration, meeting management software, and virtual software (webex, 3D Explorer, Unisfair)
- Marketing: Responsible for the marketing strategy & vision, managed Director of Marketing and PR Manager, Created XYZ branding; XYZ Logo, XYZ Product Naming Architecture, New XYZ Website & XYZ Star (newsletter)
- Partnerships: Created 3rd Party vendor relationships with industry partners in order to provide XYZ clients with a cost-effective turnkey solution for event management products and services.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY 2/96 – 12/97
- Within nine months had in place a skilled finance organization across multiple locations, had selected and implemented an ERP system, designed and implemented process improvements, and upgraded financial planning & analysis resulting in operating efficiency gains, cost reductions and margin expansion.
- Shortened the closing cycle from 35 days to 2 days providing more timely management information while reducing departmental costs.
- Improved cash flow by reducing A and R days from 50 to 39 and negotiating average A and P terms from 31 to 42 days.
- Expanded margins by 3 points through the use of cost accounting analysis and pricing studies.
- Improved profitability by creating sophisticated models to project and subsequently track capital expenditure and new product proposals.
BS, Accounting, New York University, New York, NY
CPA, New York
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Notary Public State of New York