999 Main Street, Anytown, NY 99999
(999) 999-9999 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8+ years accounting and finance experience
- QuickBooks software skills
- Expert Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge
- Financial statements analysis and compilation, bank account statements reconciliation, and budgetary functions performance experience
ABC Inc Anytown, NY Dec 2008 -current
- Analyze budget proposals, financial reports and expenditures, and develop recommendations for budget allowances.
- Monitor departmental expenditures to ensure proper allocation of budgeted funds on a monthly basis.
- Complete Quarterly analysis of agencies and provide information for all necessary budget adjustments.
- Process agency budget revisions.
- Draft Ordinances, Resolutions, and Agency Receipts Memos.
- Act as a liaison between the Budget Office and the Accounting Office.
- Assist in Open Records Request as needed.
- Process the creation of Budget Development worksheets in Oracle Financial Accounting System.
- Process the creation of Position Reconciliation Rows for Budget Development in PeopleSoft Management System.
- Compile necessary documentation for annual audit support as needed.
XYZ INC. Anytown, NY May 2005- Dec 2008
- Assist in the development yearly spend plan.
- Monitor budget execution, ensuring organizational requirements are in line with yearly spend plan.
- Analyze resource requests from senior program managers and provide recommendations to senior leadership on the financial viability of the proposals.
- Provide ad hoc financial reports such as contract obligation and expenditure reports, end-of-year balance, as well as weekly status of funds reports.
- Prepare budget and financial briefings to internal senior leadership and external stakeholders (Chief Financial Officer, Office of Management and Budget).
- Assist in the preparation of future year budget requests, ensuring operating plans are strategically aligned to organization’s mission, strategic requirements, and performance goals.
- Provide monthly execution reports to Chief Financial Officer.
- Research and resolve current or potential issues that could arise in the areas of budget, payroll, etc..
BCD Corp. Anytown, NY Oct 1997-Sep 2002
E4 – Financial ManagerBudget Analyst
- Assisted in the development and modification of various district fund and program budgets
- Researched accounting posting problems and made appropriate correcting journal entries
- Assisted with various Federal and State reports including use tax, and categorical expenditure reports
- Created and maintained spreadsheets used to assist in developing, monitoring, interpreting and presenting financial information
- Met with various administrators and staff regarding budget issues
- Performed and assisted other staff in performing duties related to booking accounts payable and receivable, bank deposits and electronic bank transfers, journal entries, and purchase orders
- Performed various clerical duties as needed
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office, Calendar Creator, ExpensAble and QuickBooks
- Working government finance software knowledge: IAPS and BQ, IATS, DJMS, MicroBas, ABSS, Infoconnect, FFMS
- Exceptional ability to learn proprietary systems and applications
- Expert in accounts payable and receivable duties, creating quarterly reports, and reconciling financial statements
- Knowledge of budgetary regulations and policies application, established methods and procedures, and general fiscal principles
- comprehension of budget procedures, policies, terminology, and methodology to execute assigned responsibilities
- Major – Finance
- Bachelors in Business Administration, 168 Hrs December 2006