999 Main Street ● Anytown, NY 99999 ● (999) 999-999 (cell) ● firstname.lastname@example.org
- to set goals and develop action plans to achieve them.
- Work well in team or individual settings.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with experienced in balancing priorities for short-term and long-term goals.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Skilled in gathering, analyzing, and managing data.
- Proficient with MS Office: Excel, Word and Power Point 2000, XP, 2007 and Internet Applications.
Budget Analyst June 2003 – Present
- Analyze, monitor, and maintain position budgets for all the Unrestricted employees.
- Create monthly and yearly position budget reports for executive analysis: Staff and FT Faculty Position Audits, Salary Analysis.
- Assist in yearly budget creation process.
- Create Ad-hoc salary and expense budget reports for dept business managers and executives.
- Assist dept business managers with finance and excel questions.
- Process position and operating ledger budget transfers for University departments
- Train University dept business managers on the ERP financial system, online budget tool.
- Once a year, complete fiscal year roll and position budget loads on HR system.
- Developed and Maintain office’s procedure manual.
- Monitor labor encumbrance feeds and data.
Junior Budget Analyst September 1999-June 2003
- Oversee purchase orders and check requisition payments; perform follow up when .
- Review accounting transactions and assist in the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Perform month-end and year-end closings.
- Assist with the operating budget preparation.
- Preparation of monthly utilities accrual for over two hundred accounts, and reconcile with the Utility Tracking System.
- Prepare regular and special budget reports to support Energy Consumption and costs.
- Process capital expenditure and commitments against capital expenditure budget.
- Oversee financial statement production processes directed by the Associate Controller.
- Update and maintain Master Plan budget worksheets and MS Access database.
- Update and maintain Active Capital Report budget worksheets.
- Month end reconciliation of ACR report to books.
Controller & Budget Analyst July 08 – August 09
- Establish a long term and midterm planning to meet costing guidelines.
- Assist financial manager in all costing related issues and financial statement preparation.
- Generate reliable and timely financial reports for each accounting period and maintain the integrity of chart of accounts.
- Designing the reporting system.
- Budget preparation for all departments.
- Forecasting and planning future spending and profits.
- Recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds.
- Prepare the variance analysis reports (Budget Vs. Actual) and present the results to the board of director.
- Capital budgeting and Feasibility study for new projects and expansions.
- Prepare a monthly presentation to drive manager attention to the weak performance in the last month.
- Prepare industrial and financial KPIs ( key performance indicators) reports for the company.
- Set and objectives with management
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Stanford University, MD: BA, History, Expected Completion December 2010
Anytown College, NY, MD: AA, Secondary Education, May 2005.
Stanford University Honors Program December 2009