(748) 986-3621 email@example.com
Investment Professional with successful track record of creating and implementing a disciplined quantitative end-to-end investment process. Expertise in generating expected return signals, risk managed portfolio construction, and efficient trade execution, while using a sophisticated analytical framework that monitors each step and fosters ongoing process enhancement. The investment process is based on philosophy that the portfolio should reflect only intended risks that are based on alpha sources that have been rigorously tested and proven to historically produce excess returns over varying market cycles.
- Investment Strategy
- Alpha Generation
- Portfolio Construction
- Portfolio Analysis
XIQ Company, Memphis, TN 2007-2009
Equity Associate Portfolio Manager(Administrative officer)
- Implementation of strategies across portfolios including trade construction, monitor cash & asset flows.
- Manage account opening and account closing including review and approval of guidelines, submitting trades and leading conference calls to ensure smooth transition.
- Review and resolve pre-trade and post trade compliance breaches.
- Undertaking daily spot FX monitoring.
- Utilizing future contracts to equitize cash in portfolios across entire product with over 20-billion AUM.
- Analyze risk characteristics of portfolios and ensure consistency across product groups and strategies.
- Assist portfolio managers, analysts and sales and marketing with special projects related to the markets and, or the portfolios.
- Act as the point person to enhance and debug trading and portfolio management systems.
CAM Corporation, San Francisco, CA 2000-2007
CREDIT ANALYST and PORTFOLIO MANAGER
- Underwriting new credits (commercial real estate and working capital) by coordinating with borrowers, account officers, credit administrators, and approving authorities on analysis, presentation and approval of loan originations.
- Prepare and analyze cash flow statements, income statement, balance sheet, spreading and business financial statements, and initial credit evaluation to assist account officers in presenting loans to credit committee.
- Research and develop industry, demographic, and economic information as required.
- Effectively managed a portion of the group’s loan portfolio, which include collecting, analyzing and forecasting financial information, monitoring monthly loan covenants and working closely with loan operations and administration to coordinate daily loan maintenance.
- Reviewed loan documentation and follow-up on deed of trust recording, UCC filing and title policy.
- Ensured timely loan renewals, note rollovers, rate settings and pay-offs.
AVT Group, Jacksonville, Fl
Senior Portfolio Manager and Trader, Vice President, Mellon Capital Management 2004-2005
- Developed and executed tax-efficient portfolio strategies encompassing more than $1.5 billion in assets.
- Noted for expertise in managing large program and derivatives trades increasing returns.
- Pursued and developed client relationships, and liaised closely with brokers to control costs and implement new trading strategies.
- Managed all aspects of equalization program investing idle cash into financial futures, yielding marked account returns.
- Created detailed investment performance reviews and communicated frequently with clients and consultants on performance attribution.
ANC INSTITUTE 2004
Chartered Financial Analyst
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SECURITIES DEALERS 2002
Series 7, 63 – General Securities Representative
San Diego State University 2001
Bachelor of Science – May 1992, Deans’ List
Major and Minor: Applied Mathematics and Statistics and Business Management
- skills: Microsoft Office (VBA, Excel, Access, Power Point, Word), Matlab, Premium Solver, and minimal SAS. Schwab Institutional Trading platform.
- Expertise in various optimization and risk analytic software including Northfield and Barra.
- Proficient in various financial databases: FactSet, Datastream, Bloomberg, Lipper, Morningstar, Zephyr.
- Active member of Institute. Annual completion of Professional Development program.
- Active member of US Society of Security Analysts.