999 Main St., New York – NY
- Real Estate Lending Portfolio Manager with extensive knowledge underwriting loans secured by income producing and construction real estate. Underwrote approximately $460 million in loans from 2006 – 2008.
- Worked with major commercial banks and financial consulting firms, based in Chicago, United States.
- Knowledge and aptitude to successfully work in the following areas: Risk Management, Private Equity, Real Estate Finance, Market research, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Commercial Credit analysis, Banking, and Sales.
ABC Inc • Portfolio Assistant, Administrative Assistant And Office Manager • New York, NY • USA • JULY 2009 – SEPTEMBER 2009
- Duties included – Provide administrative support to Portfolio Manager in a timely and consciences manner.
- Provide administrative support for the Portfolio Manager including his schedule, booking meetings and travel arrangements.
- Creating and maintaining databases using Microsoft Office: Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point and Publisher. Experience and knowledge of Quick books.
- Primary tasks include ACH debiting of accounts, establishing and estimating payoffs, releasing UCC’s, liens, servicing actions and mortgages established at initiation of loans, accounts payable and receivable.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reports for both internal and external communication often under tight deadlines.
- Managing and coordinating the Annual Awards Banquet.
- Respond to email enquiries from the general public and potential clients.
- Acquired Notary Public license, Financial Statement Analysis and Proofreading Certification.
- Also function as Events Coordinator, Newsletter Editor, and technical writer.
- Manage relationships with clients, suppliers and bankers through correspondence and telephone conference calls.
- Designed and implemented an archival system that converted paper documents to electronic format — reduced storage costs by 80%. Recovered documents for company creating a one-time savings of $450,000.
- Also functioned as database administrator for LMS program (Loan Management Software).
- Order stock and office supplies.
XYZ Corp • Portfolio Manager’s Assistant • New York, NY • USA • MAY 2009 – JUNE 2009
- Duties included – Generated order allocations for assigned trades on the portfolio accounting system in a timely manner.
- Updated investment models according to portfolio manager specifications.
- Maintained and followed trade rotation sheet.
- Reviewed accounts daily, looked for accounts with high or low cash balances relative to the appropriate model, or accounts with security positions higher than 5% of total account market value.
- Compared results to investment guidelines, determined appropriate course of action, brought recommendations to implementation. manager for approval, and took corrective action where necessary.
- Performed accounts re balance for accounts out of line with the model.
- Ad hoc and miscellaneous projects.
- Account database maintenance to ensure accuracy of all account information on portfolio account system.
- Account reconciliations.
BCD Inc • Assistant Portfolio Manager • New York, NY • USA • SEPTEMBER 2005 – JULY 2008
- Duties included – Managed a multimillion dollar long and short separate investment account and companies emerging from bankruptcy in the consumer, health care and technology industries.
- Developed bottoms up investment ideas through interviews with company management, company SEC filings and press releases, investor conferences, conference calls, investor web sites, industry and research services.
- Maintained proprietary earnings models for all stocks in the portfolio (typically 30-50) based on commentary from multiple levels of management, discussions with competitors and suppliers, company SEC filings, and industry projections.
- Made all buy and sell decisions, all decisions on exposure levels, executed all trades, interacted with prime broker and communicated with key investor through monthly performance updates and detailed quarterly investment letters.
- Account has posted an audited return of +25% vs. a return of -10% for the benchmark Russell 2000 including a year to date gain in excess of +10%.
- M.B.A. (Real Estate Finance) • Indiana University • Indiana • USA • May 2009 • Relevant Coursework:
Financial Reporting & Accounting; Financial Statement Analysis; Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Statistics & Data Analysis; Quantitative Excel Modeling; Foundations of Finance; Corporate Finance; The Firm in the Capital Markets; Corporate Financial Strategy; Corporate Governance and Restructuring; Commercial and Investment Banking; Real Estate Finance & Investments; Real Estate Capital Markets; Real Estate in Emerging Markets; New Venture Planning Development; Marketing Strategy; Consumer Insights; International Management; Marketing and Business Strategy
- B.A. (Business and Economics) • Northern Illinois University • DeKalb • Illinois • USA • May 2001
FINANCE, REAL ESTATE AND ANALYTICAL COMPETENCIES SUMMARY
- Risk Management (Finance Theory; Financial Instruments; Financial Markets; Market Risk; Credit Risk; Operational Risk; Information Systems)
- Quantitative Methods (Time Value of Money; Discounted Cash Flow Applications; Hypothesis Testing; Correlation & Regression)
- Equity (Capital Markets; Security Valuation; Stock Market Analysis; Industry Analysis; Company Analysis & Stock Valuation)
- Corporate Finance (Financial Management; Cost of Capital; Capital Budgeting; Cash Flow Estimation; Risk Analysis; Capital Structure, Leverage; Dividend Policy)
- Corporate Finance Strategy (Effective allocation of financial resources)
- Real Estate Valuation (Project modeling; Cash flow Analysis; Market Comparable Valuation; Market Analysis; Discount Cash flow Valuation)
- Real Estate Derivates (Credit Default Swaps)
- REITS; Joint Ventures; CMBS; CDO’s; Financing Project Developments – commercial and residential
- Commercial Real Estate Lending; (Portfolio Management; Performing, Under performing and Distressed Assets)
- Economic Analysis (Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Global Economic Analysis; Country Analysis)
- Corporate financial statement analysis and forecasting
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excel 2007 Data Analysis and Business Modeling
- Relationship Management.
- Real Estate Finance Research Assistant for Kelley School of Business Professor.
- NFTE (National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship) volunteer.
- Kelley Office of Diversity Initiatives TRIAD Mentor.
- 1-2-1 Peer Mentor – NY College.