999 Main Street 999-999-9999
Any Town, NY 99999 firstname.lastname@example.org
level Server Engineer focused on Cloud Computing, experienced in Server Based Computing, and Client-Server Engineering. Utility Engineering with Citrix and VMware integrated into VPN enabled Remote Services.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, MAC OS X, Snow Leopard, Snow Leopard Server, and SUSE Enterprise Server.
Protocols/Networks: TCP/IP, SNA, NetBeui, IPX/SPX, Token Ring, Ethernet 10/100/1000-T, 10/100/1000FX, FDDI, Frame Relay, AppleTalk.
Hardware: IBM X-Series Server and Blades, HP/Compaq Proliant Series Servers and Blades, cable plant, both copper and Fiber including Single-Mode and Multi-mode fiber, fiber and copper patch panels and distribution Units, HBA Storage Adapters, ADIC/Quantum Automated Tape Libraries, Sun/Storage-Tek Automated Tape Libraries.
Software: Citrix Metaframe/XenApp XPE FR3, CPS3/4,XenApp 4.5/5, Installation Manager, Edgesight, Citrix Access Gateway, NetScalar/Access Gateway version 8.x and 9.x,XenServer 5.X, VMware ESX 3/4, and Plate spin, Tripwire and Power Fuse.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY, Systems Engineer Feb 2010 – Present
- Planned and implemented the migration of all employees’ e-mail to Microsoft Exchange 2007 using Outlook 2007 and/or Outlook Web Access (OWA) client access.
- Primary resource for management of corporate Active Directory domain structure, domain controllers, replication, organizational units, disabled accounts, used Vbscripts, Power Shell and CSVDE to manipulate and manage AD properties and elements.
- Created and published all implementation and user documentation for Outlook 2007 and OWA including helpful hints documents for Exchange and Outlook 2007.
- Provided L3/L2 customer support, managed e-mail messaging quotas and system resources.
- Investigated, evaluated, and implemented PC asset management software to satisfy HIPAA asset management and tracking compliance needs/
- Investigated, evaluated and implemented end user security technologies and antivirus packages in order to satisfy HIPAA data protection needs.
- Assisted in defining security standards; assisted in Disaster Recovery planning;
- Worked on implementation of an iSCSI environment in both the primary and secondary (disaster recovery) datacenters.
- Supported daily monitoring and reporting of the user data protection and backups.
- Assisted in management of 50+ VMware virtual servers and 25+ HP and IBM physical .
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY Systems Engineer Nov 2009 – Feb 2010
- Responsible for leading the development, establishment, provisioning, fielding and sustainment of systems.
- Led Systems Engineering Support Teams in ensuring requirement compliance of acquisition planning/instructions.
- Report, establish and address program risks, issues; build an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Lead test and program requirement planning activities for establishment of testing needs, funding projections and obligations, contract management.
- Wrote and reviewed statements of work/objectives; reviewed proposals and provided formal responses.
- Led software integration design efforts; coordinated development of wireless technology and GPS system and component level applications and requirements with suppliers.
- Provided documentation for Program of Record activities and Full Material Release.
- Reviewed, drafted and ensured delivery of performance specification, test plans and reports.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY, Systems Engineer Apr 2006 – Nov 2009
- Configure and maintain system backups using Backup Exec and Dell Autoloader.
- Installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of Cisco devices.
- Installed and configured Microsoft Exchange server 2003 including email routing and setup, security parameters, monitoring and maintenance.
- Microsoft Exchange migration(s) from 5.5 to 2003.
- Operating System migration(s) from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003.
- Perform hardware, network, software and printer support for business computers.
- Testing and Certification of new features and patches of software, hardware functionality.
- Perform logical, performance, and physical audits of existing networks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot difficult problems at local and remote sites.
- Technical Help Desk Support of 100+ end users.
- Router, Firewall and Switch installation, configuration and support.
- Data and Voice communications such as LAN drops, data schematics, wiring and testing.
- Deal with vendors, suppliers and retailers on parts, programs, service contracts and other equipment necessitated by business needs.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist with the planning of records management, imaging practices, and document retention strategies.
- Assist with strategies for determining electronic document lifecycle and disposal.
- writing of Electronics Communications Policy/Procedures.
Johns Hopkins University
New York High School