999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
More than 10 years programming and application development experience.
- Familiar with: Java, Microsoft Visual C++
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and Microsoft Access
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows® 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7
Senior System Engineer 2007-Present
- Implemented numerous planned production changes without incident. Implemented new software releases and software fixes. Improved network performance, response time, and availability. Implemented vendor recommended fixes and best practices. Fielded and resolved problem tickets at all levels of problem escalation.
- Customized and supported IBM’s Communications Server. Responsible for the design, engineering, and day-to-day support of TCP & IP and SNA connectivity with Windows XP, and Unix & Linux clients and servers.
- Managed multi-stack TCP & IP definitions and configurations, including Telnet, TN3270, and FTP, OMPROUTE, OSPF definition and technical support. DNS and DHCP setup, usage, and troubleshooting experience, including TCPIP configuration trouble shooting of remote and local network users.
- Performed Gigabit Ethernet LAN network device configuration and trouble shooting. Engineered network traffic over Gigabit Ethernet away from legacy network traffic transports.
- Standardized host and network IP and SNA connectivity reducing network complexity, maintenance effort. Standardized SNA and IP configuration definitions eliminating unused definitions. Stabilized the SNA, IP network environment, reducing the number of 24-7 on-call pages from operations and technical staffs.
- Successfully completed SNA to IP integration projects, allowing Windows, UNIX, and IBM Series users to exchange data, and allow logon access to and from all TCP and IP hosts.
- Assisted with configuration changes to replace Cisco CIP router connection definitions with OSA network adapter connection definitions.
- Reengineered and upgraded z, Server TCP, IP connectivity. Configured all IP definitions, performed testing, coordinated DNS name changes, and worked with remote staffs and managers.
- Resolved system connectivity incidents and problems using EREP, and IPCS dump analysis, packet traces, GTF buffer traces, Net View, NLDM, net stat, trace route, nslookup, and ping commands in a networked Windows, UNIX, and series environment.
- Key data center project contributor. Independently created and maintained BCP TCPIP and VTAM configurations.
- Performed assembler language code testing, debugging, implementation, and resolved problems for the company’s document search and retrieval application. Functioned as the administrator for developer’s test environments.
Aerospace System Engineer II 2006-2007
- Played a pivotal role in deployment of a solution to manage and minimize risks for customer as well as spearheaded international projects.
- Collaborated with Field Engineers to successfully identify and resolve technical product issues based on engineering and root-cause analysis.
- Planned and coordinated five major engineering design efforts for a global program.
System Engineer & Network Engineer 2005-2006
- Supervise Tier 3 Support Services as team leader.
- Supervise and implement data center operations for 500 Server Farms across multiple data center locations servicing international customer base.
- Integrate site-based and hosted customer services for multiple direct and vendor services.
- Customer Service oriented with good interpersonal skills.
- Hosting Software as a Service infrastructure or SaaS platform on physical and virtual servers.
- Implement EMC Storage system for network attached backup and storage solution.
- Implement and manage VM are ESX Host Array for more than 500 providers and customers.
- Support 24×7 for customer network services.
- Perform site and data migration services for hosting customers.
- Perform customer site IT support and configuration of local area networks.
- Manage customer-facing deployment projects from start-to-finish.
- Gather detailed system requirements for customized software integration and customer site configurations.
- Review and plan installations around aggressive schedules.
- Identify issues and troubleshoot interactions between applications and customer technology components.
- Develop constructive solutions to resolve local and remote network issues and integration points with site and hosting software solutions.
- Create documentation for end users to support training and customers’ use of customized integrated technology.
- as go-to person for research and troubleshooting for company and support team.
St. Mary of the Plain 2000
New York, NY
- B.A., Computer Science