IT Professional with 10+ years experience in assisting team leaders, directors and senior management in IT, research and financial inquiries. Leadership to manage, motivate and evaluate staff. Writing experience to compose memorandums, reports and technical documents. Technical Support background to resolve issues with Microsoft applications and operating system on various hardware platforms. Planning expertise to organize, develop and implement repetitive, new or complex tasks. Project Management skills to support and, or lead projects. Customer Service award. Active Secret clearance.
Consultant – System Engineer September 2009 – present
- Administration Support with object mirroring system.
- Technical support to development teams and to assist in the analysis, design of environment.
- Planning, implementation and specification of changes, enhancements, and additions to existing systems.
- Trouble shooting, on-call and Problem Resolution support for operational issues 24X7.
- Work on-site with a team of support professionals.
- Interface with IBM infrastructure support group for all hardware and operating systems issues relating to data center issues.
- Monitored and manage system job logs, working to ensure systems performance and operability.
- Provided monthly Security Audit Summary reports to the management.
- Interfaced with outside service providers. Update any authorization lists required to reflect changes in special authorities.
- Performed system troubleshooting and hardware & software upgrades. Recommends changes to hardware and software.
- Worked with IS staff and end-users with issues.
- Monitor the system for security violations.
- Enhance the level of security on the system.
- Working knowledge networking concepts TCP, IP servers and configuration.
- Ability to work and utilize distribution list and printers.
- Tracked and verify internal IS procedures regarding updates and accuracy.
- Assisted with the development and write key IS departmental policies.
- Ability to use Bugzilla for issuing and track tickets relating to problems encounter in data center.
- Maintained IS Help Desk database that tracks trouble calls and requests related, as well as work with programmers on a regular basis to prioritize tasks.
XYZ Corp. (1984-2009)
System Engineer September 2005 – July 2009
- Involved in system integration and configuration, test planning, test environment setup and test case and execution.
- Involved in WLAN design, development, integration and configuration.
- Developed automation testing using QTP on .net framework.
- Technical Support for WLAN project field trail.
- Actively involved in Defect Reduction activities.
BCD Inc. (1984-2009)
System Engineer January 2002 – September 2005
- Architected a new controller chip structure and helped a manufacturer design the chip.
- Designed and verified controller chips for electronic paper display panels.
- Solved technical problems in using the controller chips and its driver software for customers.
- Managed a Linux device driver development projects for the controller chips.
- Managed technical communications with customers.
Software – Hardware – Operating Systems – Languages – Protocols
EXPERT: Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Group Wise 7.0, Group Wise Mobile Server 2.0, Novell Directory Print Services, Computer Associates Arc Serve 12, Guinevere, Novell Zen Works Desktop Management, Tech Excel Service Wise, Password Policy Manager, Visual Click DS Meter 3.0 [Hardware] Personal Computers, Laptops, IBM xSeries Servers, Hewlett-Packard Servers and Printers, Xio Tech Magnitude and 3D (SAN), Barracuda Spam Firewall, LTO Tape Backup Units, Palm Treo [OS] Novell NetWare 6.5-5.1, Microsoft Windows 2003-XP-2000 [Languages] HTML [Protocols] HTTP
PROFICIENT: Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Project 2003, Computer Associates eTrust 7, Mozilla Firefox [Hardware] Blackberry, QLogic Host Bus Adapters, Sprint Broadband Cards [Protocols] TCP, IP, IPX, SPX, FTP
MODERATE: Remedy, Group Policies, Exchange System Manager, Apache Web Server, eEye Secure IIS, Storage Monitor [Hardware] Xerox Printers, Brocade Fiber Switches [OS] DOS [Protocols] LDAP, SNMP
KNOWLEAGEABLE: Microsoft Windows Software Update Services, Microsoft Visio, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Symantec Corporate Edition, Trend Micro Server Protect 5.5, Symantec Ghost, Adobe Frame Maker, Acronis Snap Deploy, FileMaker Pro, HR Partner [OS] SUSE LINUX, Mac OS [Languages] SQL, SAS, COBOL
of Science, Computer Studies, University of California, Irvine, MD, 4.0 GPA
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, New York University
- Hardening Windows
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Foundations of Leadership