999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999)999.9999 • email@example.com
a position with an engineering firm or a large company that will provide the experience, opportunity, and responsibility necessary for professional advancement and PE licensing.
Summary of Experience
Over 8 years combined experience in Civil and Structural Engineering in residential, industrial, petrochemical and oil refining industries, including responsibilities as a project manager. Experience in various types of steel and concrete building designs, supports and foundations, and other heavy equipment steel framing support. Responsibilities include layout, design and analysis, review, coordination and field inspection of projects.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 2007 to Present
- Design buildings in New York City and New Jersey.
- Perform wind and seismic analysis.
- Collaborate with architects and general contractors.
- Review shop drawings.
- Site visit and inspection.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 2004 to 2007
- Designed beams, columns, stair systems and floors of commercial building in accordance with the New York City Building Codes.
- Conducted existing conditions surveys to identify structural deterioration; these consist of photographs, existing structural drawings and recommendations of repairs to defective areas.
- Reviewed and revised shop drawings submitted by steel contractors to verify connections, welding, and details according to the structural drawings.
- Analyzed existing structure capacity to its ability to handle additional loads at specific point loads.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 2002 to 2004
Project Engineer, Designer, and Inspector
- Masonry walls and open web steel joists.
- Steel moment frame using RAM Advanced.
- Metal studs, masonry walls and pre-fabricated wood roof trusses.
- Numerous consultations with contractors and industrial clients to help solve structural issues.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of IBC 2009, ACI 318-08, AISC 13th Edition, ASCE 7-05 codes and standards.
University of New York, Bachelor of Science in Civil Environmental Engineering
New York Community College System, General Studies,
Universidad New York, College of Engineering
Certificates and Trainings
Engineer in Training, EIT – eligible to take PE exam fall 2010
Basic dynamics design – Seismic design of coke structures – Wind loads – Thermal effects combined with real loads – Deep foundations design – Tanks foundation design – CMU wall design – Design of masonry shear wall – Self consolidating concrete – Design of modular structures for process plant – Cost effective structural steel layout and design -Connection design – Design of moment connection and base plate – Pipe rack design.
in various computer software programs: Auto CAD, Micro Station, Smart Plant Review, MathCAD, STAAD-Pro, and TEKLA.
Trilingual (Spanish and Guaraní and English), skilled carpenter and familiar with various other construction trades