999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Tel.: (999) 999-9999 • Email: email@example.com
A challenging opportunity to apply my skills in Business and Systems Analysis, Testing, QA and Quality Engineering.
- Languages: C and C++, Visual C++, Visual Basic, VB.Net, C#
- Database Concepts: Microsoft Access, SQL and SQL Server 2005, RDBMS
- Simulation Software: MATLAB, Simulink, OPNET Modeler
- Other Software Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Action Request System (BMC Remedy), Quality Center, MS Visio, VMWare
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY (Current)
Software Test Engineer
- Performed Ad hoc testing of Microsoft Expression DAM (Digital Asset Management) Product.
- Performed testing of the product by executing pre-existing test cases.
- Created additional test cases where needed, used primarily in manual mode and some automated mode.
- Performed black box testing and gray box testing.
- Created testing requirements based on Functional specifications.
- Wrote test plans and executed test cases.
- Wrote numerous test plans for products.
- Worked in multiple new feature teams to accomplish product development goals.
- Lead update efforts with Microsoft and Windows Update and Macintosh Auto Update for support patch products.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY Apr 08 – Sep 09
Software Test Engineer
- Documented and executed test cases to the functionality of the application against the manually.
- Installation of Build, Patches and conducted testing on major release versions, Patches.
- Developed SQL Queries to query the database to perform database testing.
- UI, Basic Sanity, Functional, Data Validation and Regression Testing of the application.
- Defect Reporting and Tracking in Quality Center and Retesting fixed defects.
- Conducted informal training for clients to introduce them to the functionality offered and provided concise responses to their precise inquiries and questions, in a timely and lucid fashion.
- Held regular meetings with implementation team members, client staff and client technology providers to monitor tasks, update plan activities and issues until the client’s “Go Live” date.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
Sr. Software V & V Test Engineer Nov 06 – Feb 08
- Design, document, write and execute test cases and validate changes to existing test procedures and equipment.
- Provided verification and validation testing across multiple platforms included new hardware and software level.
- Networking and Web related applications testing.
- Generate bug reports and test reports. Work closely with the developers in recreating the bugs and in verifying the bug fixes.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including multiple product release.
- Participate and report test process results to the project team in a timely manner. Work closely with Engineering, Systems, Product Design and Quality groups in the evaluation of test processes results
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- M.S. Management, New York University, 2006 (GPA: 3.75 and 4.0)
- M.S. Telecommunications, New York University, 2005 (GPA: 3.75 and 4.0)
- B. Tech. Electronics & Communications Engineering, New York University, 2002 (GPA: 8.00 and 10)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS and CERTIFICATIONS: