999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Phone: (999) 999-9999 – Mobile • (999) 999-9999 – Home • Email: email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
recommended, results – focused team leader, with over Ten years experience in construction field, safety and environmental issues, scheduling, budgets, estimates, progress reports, interpret plans and specifications. Skilled at designing and implementing safety programs, training personnel, accident investigation and Loss Control Programs. Ability to promote the professional development of Safety and Health within the work environment and exemplify a positive proactive attitude towards maintaining risk free working conditions.
7/2008 – Present ABC Inc.
Any Town, NY
- Developed and trained a staff of 32 Safety Professionals in proper hazard recognition, conflict resolution, and problem solving techniques to assist in their daily incident prevention activities.
- Investigated workplace injuries to identify root cause and causal factors and recommended corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Effectively reduced OSHA incident rate and workers compensation claims by 50%.
- Designed specific safety policies and procedures that exceeded OSHA and industry standards.
- Established site Emergency Response Plan to provide for High Rise Rescue, Site Evacuation, and medical emergencies. Reviewed public protection efforts to eliminate hazards to public and private citizens.
- Evaluated workplace industrial hygiene needs including CO monitoring, heat stress and dust/silica monitoring.
- Ensured effective workplace safety training was provided to employees including scissor, fork, and boom lift, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space, Excavation Safety, and Fall Protection among others.
- Acted as primary liaison for OSHA inspections in which over 85% resulted in no violations or citations noted. Successfully negotiated reduced fines or citation classifications for inspections where citations were proposed.
- Coordinated safe work practices between separate general contractors and scopes of work to provide a safe working environment for all employees and visitors.
5/2004-7/2008 XYZ Corp.
Any Town, NY
- Oversee and manage safety of employees (85+/-) in Any Town, NY Shipyard.
- Implement and supervise company safety policies and procedures.
- Hold weekly safety meetings with employees and supervisors with lessons learned from previous incidents and losses both at our facility and relative industries.
- Perform daily safety management system audits, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) reviews, and incident investigations while recommending corrective actions to management.
- Responsible for conducting all field monitoring including noise monitoring, confined space, heat stress, , and asbestos.
- Conduct monthly formal audits of entire facility and each work area within the shipyard.
- Direct contact with the NRC, EPA, and USCG frequently to mitigate any environmental releases.
9/2000-5/2004 BCD Inc
Any Town, NY
System Safety Engineer
- Performed comprehensive review of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for applicability to six vehicle variants and associated subsystems to ensure conformance to these requirements and safe operation and maintenance of vehicles for use by the US armed forces.
- Successfully met stringent schedule constraints by efficiently reusing and adapting subsystem analyses and verification data that were applicable to multiple vehicle variants.
- Evaluated test and inspection data for verification and close out of hazard controls.
- Prepared nonconformance reports for use of prohibited and restricted materials and provided guidance on development of a comprehensive database for tracking use of these materials on vehicles.
New York University Of New York, NY
New York, NY
- B.S.I.E., Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, 2000.
New York Community College
New York, NY
- A.A., Associate of Arts, 1998.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Standards, Mine Safety and safety equipment, Recordkeeping procedures and Drug Free Policies. Over five years in charge of safety issues in Power Plants and Construction Division. Extensive Construction Standards Safety Seminars, OSHA and MSHA courses. Florida Phosphate Contractor Safety Training, Hazwoper 40 hours, Confined Spaces, First Aid & CPR certified, OSHA 10 and 30 Hours, OSHA 500 Instructor, Emergency Management Team, Certified Forklift Operation Trainer, Traffic Control Technician, Traffic Control Supervisor, and Flagger Instructor, SMITH Driving System Instructor.
- Planning and Project abilities include estimating, scheduling, project management and resource management.
- Knowledge of Construction Standards and Procedures.
- Management abilities consist of budget development and reporting, lead large teams and Executive responsibilities.
- Applications: Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, Access, Corel Draw, Publisher, Presentation, Lotus 123, Quattro Pro, VISIO, Org Plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.