999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Process, Manufacturing and R&D Engineering
B.S. Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of experience improving products and manufacturing processes. Solution-oriented supervisor with tooling, fixtures, injection molding and special machinery expertise, consistently recognized for eliminating problems, reducing costs and improving product quality.
- Reduced product cycle time.
- Teamed with product designer to develop innovative products.
- Improved work processes on assembly line, reducing range of motion injuries and achieving 25% annual reduction in workers compensation claims.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY, 2006 – present
- Implemented and managed a systematic and scientific approach to product formulation effort to meet marketing goals. Defined process for products in product line. Specified modifications to existing equipment for production efficiency and product attributes. Prepared process definition documents and transferred process to manufacturing sites.
- Provided technical support to lab, quality assurance and manufacturing to ensure maintenance of quality, product safety and efficiency standards at reduced costs.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY, 1996 – 2006
- As Process Engineer and Test Manager, supported user acceptance testing.
- Developed innovative cross reference tools for tracking projects with multiple project identification numbers through various project tracking systems. Assisted peers and other consultants with data management.
- Enhanced financial tracking process for projects.
- Trained resources for, and assigned in the Project in project tracking system.
- Assisted peers in the on-boarding process.
- Collected and contributed project completion data to executive dashboard.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY, 1993 – 1996
- Coordinated small teams to solve inventory problems.
- Collaborated with marketing department to determine profitability of new product configurations.
- Troubleshot process and solved data input and configuration errors which significantly reduced delays in production process and number of product returns.
- Reduced customer charge backs and fines by identifying and correcting data transmission issues.
Education and Professional Development
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, New York University, New York, NY
training: Lean Manufacturing; ISO: 9001; ISO cleanliness 14000 series; Federal Standards; ASTM standards; Statistical Process Controls; Just In Time Manufacturing; Total Quality Manufacturing; Injection Molding (Paulson); Quality Improvement (Juran).
hydraulics, pneumatics, robotics, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, design-of-experiments, optimization methodology, material review board presentations.
Pro E, Auto Cad, Flow Charter, Minitab, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.