999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • 999-999-9999 • email@example.com
track mechanical engineer experienced in the Department of Defense and security industry seeking full time position as lead mechanical engineer or project engineer. Employed in mechanical design field for over 10 years with significant experience in development of large and complex engineering projects from design to production
- 3D CAD-Solid Works
- DFM and DFA
- MS-Office and Project
- GD&T – ASME Y14
- Configuration Management
- BOM and ECO Disposition & Management
- Human Factors & Team Dynamics
ABC INC, ANY TOWN, NY 2008 – 2010
- Provided engineering support to the Research and Development Endovascular Division.
- Created and designed 3D CAD medical models utilizing the Solid Works program and engineering skill.
- Researched, evaluated, and specified materials for covering stent grafts and built stent graft prototypes.
XYZ CORP, ANY TOWN, NY 2002 – 2008
- Wrote proposals and implemented solutions that improved documentation and quality.
- Tested products for usability, function and environmental performance.
- Designed components to improve quality, performance and reduce cost.
- Improved product quality by improving documentation and revision control systems.
- Optimized designs using FEA.
BCD INC, ANY TOWN, NY 1999 – 2002
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Developed 10W USB power adaptor from EVT through .
- Manage and coordinate PD priorities and issues to ensure clear and constant communication with Asia R&D team, suppliers, cross-functional teams and PD team.
- Conduct mechanical design review internally and instructed junior engineer on design improvement analysis with respect to BCD’s high standard on cosmetic & reliability.
- Effective failure analysis and problem solving on design & production issue.
- Review reliability test result and DOE and SOP etc and present to PD team for design and process improvement proposal.
- Travel to Asia as local engineering support to PD for assembly line audit and on-site process improvement in critical build stage.
Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering Technologies
University of New York, NY
Project Management Certificate Extended with Distinction
University of New York – New York, NY
Aviation Power Plant Mechanic – Sykorsly MH-53 Helicopter
U.S. Naval Technical Training Center, New York, NY
SELECTED AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Solid Works 3D modeling.
- Working knowledge of Risk & Opportunity management thru the use of EV methods standard to current business practices.
- Knowledge of GD&T used in manufacturing drawings and assembly drawings. DFM and DFA experience as a lead designer.
- MRP – BOM management experience for manufacture scheduling and planning.
- Experienced in the supervision and production of detail & assembly drawings within standards.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Outlook,
- in Spanish.
- Veteran of the US NAVY
- Recently held “Secret Level” Security Clearance