999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • 999–999-9999 • email@example.com
designer with drafting and design experience seeks engineering position supporting manufacturing or developing products.
ABC Inc Any Town, NY June 2008 to May 2010
- Responsible for the Mechanical design of Military Batteries.
- Integral member and Designer on current projects utilizing Pro and Engineer Wildfire 3.0, advanced solid modeling techniques to accurately design, and create 3D parts and assemblies.
- Preparation of related drawings, bills of material, and parts lists, in accordance with project deadlines and internal procedures and standards.
- Analysis of product design data in consideration of interference issues, manufacturing constraints, and other factors for maximum total product efficiency.
- Research and recommendation of vendors and suppliers. Communications with vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate product specifications, drawings or 3D model requests to ensure timely and accurate delivery of parts as ordered.
XYZ Corp Any Town, NY August 2006 to May 2008
Mechanical Designer and President
- Design of parts for small businesses.
- Deliver quality Manufacturing drawings for vendors and companies.
- Manage multiple projects, while delivering custom solutions.
- Extract customer expectations, creating realistic milestone dates for acceptable delivery of completed to the customer.
- Continued Training on new CAD software to accomplish long term professional development plan.
- Communicate with customers, and update changes as required for the completion of the project.
BCD Inc Any Town, NY October 1999 to December 2005
- Created solid models of engine components and utilized GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) to generate detailed drawings for manufacture.
- Collaborated with peer designers, often including those from other engineering disciplines and customers to solve complex problems and communicated issues with internal customers and suppliers.
- Received award for designing a VABI (variable air bypass inlet) device which diverted engine exhaust for stability control in the F-16 fighter.
- Pro Engineer
- Solid works
- Visual Basic
New York Community College Degree Drafting & Design
- Associates Degree General Business
New York Community College