999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Engineer with extensive manufacturing experience. Expertise includes Project Management, Costing, Training, Work Cell Design, Lean Manufacturing, and Product Design. Strong points are Methods Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and the ability to communicate well with all levels of employees.
ABC INC., Any Town, NY 1999-2009.
- Created manufacturing models for pre-planning of future project using modeling systems.
- Developed and Estimates during product development.
- Used Planning software to create process plan, Bills of material & advanced material notices.
XYZ CORP., Any Town, NY 1997-1998
- Responsible for the set-up of new manufacturing facilities.
- Set-up of various manufacturing operations.
- Assist with hiring and training of plant personnel.
- Work with R&D Engineering departments to implement manufacturing operations and procedures.
- Work with manufacturing employees to implement operations procedures and guidelines.
- Work with foreign vendors to produce parts for the facility.
- Continuously worked to cut costs and lead times of parts and product.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY 1996-1997
Manufacturing Engineer and CNC Programmer
- Developed, evaluated, and improved manufacturing methods. Utilizing knowledge of product design, and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Design tools, fixtures and gauges. Procure any tooling and gages as needed.
- Reviewed all components manufactured in house to conform to the Design for Manufacturing principles.
- Write routers, setup sheets, and setup drawings.
- Designed Production Inspection Report sheets.
- Create programs for CNC Machining Centers, Lathes, Swiss Turn, Part maker, Solid Works, and Auto CAD on a daily basis.
- Do root cause analysis of all none conforming parts.
- Create or update BOM.
- Draw new, or revise existing 3D models and drawings based on customer requirements .
- Conferred with vendors about product specifications, quality requirement and timely completion.
- Estimated production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for upper management decisions.
- Discuss with management, engineering, and sales regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Monitor compliance to ISO 9001.
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S.
AA, Pre-engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
BS, Industrial Technology, University of Washington, Seattle
New York Institute of Technology – Lean Management: Understand, Strategics, Apply
ISO9001 – Internal Auditor