999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Aas a Manufacturing Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Supervisor or Shop or Production Manager and Supervisor in a successful company.
- Supervised and controlled production, maintenance, machine shop, and machine repair.
- Coordinated all machining, manufacturing, and fabrication of equipment, parts, and repair activities.
- Directed staff from exceeding 250.
- Experienced good labor relations, assisted in contract negotiations and day-to-day grievance activities.
- Oversaw all staff performances, developed new and improved methods of operation achieving increased efficiency.
- Coordinated training, operation, set-up, and inspection of high-precision machining operations including CNC and NC systems.
- Directed machine tear-down, rebuilding, testing, and verifying of operational capabilities upon installation.
- Provided technical support, engineering assistance, and guidance in manufacturing techniques, equipment design and operation, and the debugging of sophisticated mechanical and electrical and electronic systems.
- Skilled in the evaluation of manufacturing requirements, flow, time and motion, the design of specialized machines and equipment, and other related manufacturing tasks.
- Prepared capital equipment justifications, evaluations on production, design reviews and studies, cost reduction systems, and technical responsibilities.
- Purchased materials, supplies and production machinery.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and other safety considerations.
- CAD and CAM.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Internet.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY March 2005-July 2008
- Successfully Manage projects.
- Create and maintain process planning instruction sheets, routers and rework instructions.
- Design, Redesign process planning and tooling to reduce cost and increase .
- Interpret engineering drawings and facilitate correction of errors on drawings and documents.
- Successfully train operators in proper methods and usage of tooling, fixtures and machines.
- Effectively support the production floor as needed.
- Review engineering specifications to maintain knowledge of manufacturing methods, processes and activities.
- Confer with engineering, quality control, manufacturing, and other departments to provide technical support.
- Recommend and Incorporate Engineer Design Changes reducing cost and increasing production.
- Aggressively investigate reports of defective or damaged parts to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Carefully inspect defective parts for non conformance to engineering design.
- Initiate root cause analysis and perform mistake proofing.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY Oct. 2000-March 2005
- Design both simple and complex tools, gages, and fixtures to support production.
- Write operation sheets, routing, and new product variation requirements.
- Apply Six Sigma methodologies to solve problems and improve quality output.
- Communicate with vendors to bring quick and beneficial resolutions to vendor part problems, fostering quality improvements.
- Participate and quality and lean manufacturing Kaizen events.
- Work directly with the quality department to address, contain, and correct production related problems.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY Nov. 1998-Oct. 2000
- Manufacturing sustain and support on all product lines.
- Develop and deliver Production workstations, assembly and test fixtures, tools, and procedures.
- Resolve Material Non-conformance issues with Supplier and Manufacturing specifications.
- Resolve hardware and software replacement due end-of-life.
- Technical Support for Customers and Field Engineers via phone, email, or remote desktop.
- New Product Development roles include: R&D, Component Specification and Qualification, Shipping Packaging, Bill of Material creation, Manufacturing Process Flow.
of California, Santa Barbara Buffalo, CA
Associates Degree Awarded, Mechanical Technology
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Twin Cities, MN
Coursework towards Mechanical Engineering
Society of Manufacturing Engineers