999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • 9-999-999-9999 (home) • firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a highly-experienced CADD technician, seeking a position as an entry- or mid-level, full-time, CADD technician at a civil engineering firm, either within the land development, transportation or surveying fields.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- -family residential developments with: subdivision, sedimentation, grading, utility, waterline, sewer, street, drainage, storm water, and signage location plans; sewer and water plans of record.
- Lot, street, sewer, water and drain staking sheets; street, sewer, water and drain cut sheets.
- Single- and multi-story residences, residential additions and remodels.
- Dental and veterinary clinics, including finish-outs and renovations.
- Commercial buildings and warehouses for various utilizations.
- Commercial, residential, environmental, geological and recreational site plans.
- POADP, MDP, PUD, ESA, SWPPP, SCS, TPDES, WPAP, PS&E.
- State highways with: traffic control, pavement marking and striping, drainage, utilities and cross-section plans.
- As-built, improvement, property, topographic and tree surveys.
- Site plans, including parking, signage and water, sewer and other utility locations.
- Lease spaces and interior finish-outs for various utilizations.
- Arris 8.0 to 2001.
- AutoCAD 10 to 2009.
- Architectural, Land Development, Mechanical and Map Desktops; Civil 3D.
- BCAD; SketchUp; Google Earth.
- Microstation 7.0 to 8.0.
- Axiom 8.0, Ref Manager 8.0; Excel Pro; Sign CAD.
- Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, HTML, FTP.
- Windows 3.0 to NT.
- Internet, TxDOT’s, County Clerk’s, Bexar County Appraisal District’s, City of San Antonio Development Service’s and USGS’s websites.
AWARDS AND HONORS
New York Technology Students Association and Buffalo Area Technology Students Association:
- First place at regional and state competitions for designing and drafting projects, as individual and team.
Entry Level Engineering, ABC Inc
- Maintained vehicles and equipment during the project period.
- Developed strong presentation skills required to sell products to clientele.
- Diagnosed and solved both hardware and software problems by learning and utilizing company-specific software.
- Transported equipment between different branches.
Entry-Level Engineering, XYZ Corp
- Full Time position (40+ Hours a week)
- Field and Office experience.
- Assisted in the structural design and analysis of wood and steel false .
- Coordinated with company yard office to determine availability of existing design components.
- Assisted in the design and drafting of steel erection plans for bridge superstructures.
- Assisted in the design and drafting of bridge demolition plans.
- Assisted estimating department in preliminary project designs for bid packages.
- Compiled inventory and supply lists for various construction projects.
- Compiled, formatted, and distributed change orders and inventory reports.
Entry Level Engineering, BCD Inc
- Recruit new graduate doctorate, masters and bachelor software engineering candidates for full time and intern positions. Manage more than 100 active candidates simultaneously.
- Prescreen candidates, schedule interviews, extend software engineer opportunities and negotiate offers by partnering with compensation and senior management.
- Achieved a 96% rating on overall candidate experience through anonymous surveys sent to candidates (23 respondents, company average: 79%).
- Act as the competitive intelligence liaison for the engineering college recruiting team. Duties include leading monthly team meetings, identifying competitive trends and competitive salary information to report to the team.
- Created a competitive intelligence page on the engineering college recruiting team’s website to include selling points on competitors and competitive salary information.
- Led meetings with senior level engineers and engineering managers to make hiring decisions and educate on best recruiting practices.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and direction to recruiting coordinators to enable them to advance in their recruiting careers.
- Compiled bi-weekly reports on recruiting strategies and procedures, hiring numbers and goals for recruiting manager.
New York College:
- 5/02 – present, currently progressing towards a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- 3.2 GPA.
- Currently in second year of transfer program to the University of New York.
New York College:
- 6/99 – 5/02, Associate in Applied Science in Drafting and Design.
- 3.6 GPA.
- Completed 32 hours of manual drafting, 41 hours of computer-aided drafting.
- Worked extensively with AutoCAD release 2000 and 2000i.
- Worked partially with Architectural, Mechanical Desktops, AutoCAD 2002/04/06/07 and Inventor.
New York Technical College:
- 8/98 – 2/99.
- 3.7 GPA.
- 19 hours in computer science and systems, including software programming courses.
New York High School:
- 8/94 – 5/98, diploma.
- Top 28% in class.
- Studied computer-aided drafting, manual drafting, computer applications, research and development, technology systems, software programming and other computer related courses.