123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • (123) 456-7890 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineering Program Manager
- Strategic Thinking
- Proven Track Record
- Strong Background in Software and Hardware Graphics Engineering
- Project Manager
- Engineering People Manager
- Graphics Software Engineer
Self motivated, energetic, and versatile problem solver with Fortune 500 company technical experience. Effective Engineering Manager with a proven track record of project definition, execution and support of over a million unit products. Experienced leader of cross functional geographically-disbursed concurrent product teams. Motivated by opportunities to learn and achieve unprecedented challenges. Reputation for honest, confident, open and warm communication style. Fiscally resourceful and effective cost management skills.
Engineering Management, May 2009 – August 2010
- Led and managed ABC’s microprocessor package development for n and n+1 product introduction. Managed 27 engineers and first line managers across 5 U.S. and India locations. Monitored and refined the substrate development process, directing resources to ensure reliable substrates for hyper critical first silicon product introduction. Engineered the package design process to work seamlessly with APAC substrate suppliers, fab-TD, and board and silicon design teams.
- Delivered a total of 106 designs over a 6-year period. Reduced package design cycle times by 20% despite ever increasing product complexity, power and bus speeds, resulting in million-dollar savings and increased flexibility for silicon design teams.
- Managed two package suppliers to deliver substrates lockstep with ABC’s silicon-TD roadmap and rigid quality standards. Enforced failure mode and effects analysis and statistical based process control for optimizing manufacturing capability. Negotiated technology capability and timelines versus substrate costs through first year of manufacturing.
Engineering Management, 2000 – January 2009
- Organized the key company projects and standardized the management of those projects, communication, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Saved more than $150,000 annually through a single process change.
- Relocated factory, outsourced products to save 37% on production costs.
Engineering Management, 1991 – 2000
- Subject matter expert in CAPA, ISO, FDA and other regulated quality systems.
- Established Lean systems and improved efficiency (OEE) by 20 pts.
- Led the rollout of the company’s Six Sigma and Lean quality culture into all international facilities within 10 countries including manufacturing, service and sales.
- Modified U.S. based Six Sigma processes to fit each of the international cultures and business models.
- Enhanced productivity and profitability through initiation of a new Program Management Function across multiple disciplines that required input and sign offs by all involved.
- MS Project
- Sys Admin: Solaris, Linux, Windows
- C, C++, Perl, Java
- Shell programming
- OpenGL and GLX internals
- Accelerated graphics drivers
B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
of California, San Diego, CA
Preventing Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Export Compliance, Business Conduct, Performance Management, Management Excellence, Mastering Meetings