555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • Phone: (555) 555-5555 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly John Luna
Toa senior level position in operations, engineering, or project management in a firm where my broad technical skills and managerial background combined with 25 years of experience in manufacturing, quality engineering, and customer management can be utilized to the fullest.
Program Management Operations Management Engineering Management
Program Management experience with the application of engineering and management principals supporting team leadership, project management, and customer management activities.
- Departmental Manager responsible for initial customer interface and the management of six Program Managers servicing 21 customers in the medical and telecommunications industries
- IPC certified EMS Program Manager
- Served as New Product Introduction Program Manager for two electronic manufacturing service companies
- Led Customer Focus Teams with highest customer satisfaction rating for sustaining products in contract manufacturing facility
- Project Manager for implementation J.D. Edwards OneWorld financial and distribution software
Operations Management experience in electronic circuit board assembly, electro-mechanical higher level assembly, contract manufacturing, and low-volume capital equipment manufacturing.
- Managed focused factory responsible for $40M annualized revenue producing circuit board assemblies and class II finished medical devices
- Established a focused factory responsible for the transition of a major new customer and product line into a new manufacturing building
- Reduced average work order cycle time by 36% resulting in $2.5 million in annualized material cost savings
- Increased departmental productivity by 38% while saving $0.5 million annually in labor cost
Engineering Management experience in operations management, process qualification, supplier quality assurance, and ISO 9000 and ISO 13485 quality system requirements.
- Launched $4+ million surface-mount PCB and ECU assembly line on-time and within budget
- Completed CE certification process for the international deployment of capital machinery
- Managed quality departments responsible for 2 Ford Q1 quality nominations
- Supported supplier selection process for new vehicle platform by conducting supplier audits and development of selection criteria
- Organized and developed environmental and durability test lab for automotive components saving employer 85% of outside testing costs
- Implemented defect tracking system leading to an on-time delivery improvement of 25%
Engineering Management – ABC Company ~ December 2008 – July 2010
- Self-starter recognized and respected as a technical leader. Combines creativity, technical skills, analytical thinking, drive, versatility and leadership skills to achieve the desired results.
- Characterized as an engineer who puts forth the extra effort for the team and gets the job done.
- Team player with excellent ability to manage and drive projects and work with others in a professional manner. Thorough documentation and progress reporting.
Engineering Management – XYZ Corporation ~ June 2003 – August 2005
- Managed all software efforts and personnel, including the Displays Systems and Test Equipment group, encompassing over a dozen software efforts supporting multiple product lines.
- Determined staffing needs, resolving resource conflicts, ensuring software efforts are on and within budget, assisting leads with task definition, licensing issues, tool purchases, subcontracts management, verifying processes are followed on all programs, and determining training needs.
- Directed real-time embedded software efforts for avionics display systems.
- Oversaw group developing with LabView and LabWindows and engineering test sets to support manufacture and sell off.
Engineering Management – DEF, Incorporated ~ August 2005 – January 2007
- Led development of company’s first-of-its-kind, ground-based Proof-of-Concept (POC) hyperspectral imaging (HSI) system for on-the-move target detection; Included algorithm development, PC-based, SW development (Windows and Linux), custom optics, system integration and successful field testing.
- Followed POC success with industry-first state-of-the-art ground-based, real-time detection system including Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) reduction, on-board cooling, data storage and retrieval, integrated on GFE HMMWV. Forged company expansion into new HSI platforms & applications.
- Performed successful government witnessed field testing; Authored documents from system design, test plans and procedures, through final field test reporting on spiral development that culminated in TRL level 6 system.
- Led the acquisition and management of Marine-sponsored modeling and simulation effort of an EPLRS based mobile ad hoc network (MANET) involving airborne and ground units culminating in successful field test.
- Performed successful business development that helped secure follow-on contracts totaling close to $10 million including proposal development, pricing, and negotiations support and communications with government program office.
New York University, New York, NY (December 1996)
- MS in Management
- Industrial Engineering technical emphasis
University of California, San Diego, CA (May 1985)
- BS in Mechanical Technology
JDE OneWorld Financial JDE OneWorld Distribution Customer Focus
Management Value Analysis & Engineering Dynamic Control Planning and FMEA
ISO Internal Audit Leadership Effectiveness Lean Sigma Leadership
Leadership Essentials II FISH Philosophy IPC Certified Program Manager