999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
a Mechanical Engineering position where my college degree and diverse experience in product development and manufacturing can add value to the organization.
ABC INC. │ANY TOWN, NY MARCH 2010 – CURRENT
- Assembled and tested prototype high voltage cable splices and terminations.
- Revised project designs with senior engineers and technicians to improve durability under necessary electrical and mechanical stress limits.
- Performed quality control and stress analyses procedures on various mechanical parts.
XYZ CORP │ANY TOWN, NY MAY 2008 – AUGUST 2008
Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Intern
- Surveyed buildings for efficiency.
- Assisted in Electrical:
- Design for schools for power efficiency – Designed to cut power consumption at all district schools.
- Created panel board replacement schedule for Orange Lake Central School – Replaced old panel boards over a 2 year period, within budget constraints.
- Super 8 Hotel new building lighting design – Met 2009 IECC code.
- Assisted in Plumbing and Electrical designs:
- Rite Aid Pharmacy.
- HEB stores.
- Assisted in CAD work on different projects ranging from schools to commercial buildings.
BCD INC │ANY TOWN, NY MAY 2007 – AUGUST 2007
- Storm water Assessment, Square Lake, NY
- Cross-checked calculations (concerning fluids and soils)
- Detected and revised existing computational errors.
- Calculated acreages by soil types and runoff curve numbers (composite C) for several tributary .
- Conducted field visits to gather data on the existing utility structures and their working conditions.
- Generated revised schematics and site plans cross-referencing and merging historic plans with field data.
- Reviewed manhole and sanitary pipe inspection televising logs and created data spreadsheets.
- Cross-checked reported log data with measured data and prepared discrepancy reports.
- Calculated discharges, along with a multitude of variables for assessment reports.
- Languages – C++, Mat Lab
- Applications –Solid works (preferred), Unigraphics, Pro-Engineering, Alibre, Auto CAD, MS Office
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Univ. of New York Chapter
- Secretary and Executive Board Member FALL 2008 – WINTER 2009
- Sports Officer and Intramural Team Leader WINTER 2008 AND FALL 2009
- Relay for Life Team Participant APRIL 2007 – APRIL 2009
UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK │NEW YORK, NY DECEMBER 2009
Bachelor of Science and Engineering in Mechanical Engineering MAJOR GPA 3.2 and 4.0
- Static and Dynamic Systems, and Advanced Behavior of Materials
- Advanced Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Fluid Mechanics
- Introduction to Automotive Engineering
- Properties of Advanced Materials and Composites
- Introduction to Electrical Circuits and Controls
- Technical Communication Through Written Reports, Oral Presentations, and Visual Aids
- and Fabrication Experience
- Senior Design – Researched, designed, and manufactured a desktop plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition system