Phone: +9 999-999-9999 • Email: email@example.com
Engineering graduate with demonstrated skills in the field of Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Cost Efficient Design, Assessment & Design Improvement, Creative Design and Project management.
- Certified in 6 SIGMA DMAIC Green Belt.
- 5 years of work experience as Design and Manufacturing research engineer.
- Certified in Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance based on ASME Y14.5M-1994 Standards & Drafting Standards.
- Certified in Design FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis).
- Adept in 3-D modeling skills with experience of over 6000 hrs in Pro and E Wildfire 3.0 and 1500 hrs in Auto Cad 2008.
- Proficient in using databases like HVC, EDS, Team Center Enterprise, REDI, WECAP and WPD.
- Theoretical knowledge in the field of Structural Mechanics, Vibrations and Heat Transfer.
- Experienced in performing finite element analysis using ANSYS, ABAQUS, PRO and MECHANICA and MATLAB.
- In-depth knowledge of machining, casting operations, CNC programming, CMM and reverse engineering.
- Familiar with design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA).
- Detail driven with good communication skills and proven success interfacing with diverse population.
- A dedicated professional and an analytical problem solver.
Graduate Engineering Trainee, ABC Inc, Any Town, NY May 06 – Dec 08
- Prepared production plan for manufacturing unit.
- Inventory control of finished and semi finished goods which are ready to release in market.
- Material handling of raw material which is used for production of cast iron components.
- Conducting Kaizen and 5S activities to eliminate waste on shop floor.
- Producing monthly reports, preparing and planning weekly and monthly schedule for manufacturing unit.
- Sales and marketing, quoting for clients and scrap procurement from various vendors.
- Working closely with other specialties including: quality control of raw material, finishing department, and operating crew.
Graduate Engineer – XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY Jan 05 – May 06
- Office and File Management.
- Analyzed pipe models and ran acoustical test.
- Created graphs charts for references and final reports.
- Managed department correspondence, travel, meetings, and .
- Used Microsoft Office efficiently.
- Drafting-AutoCAD, Bentley Products, and PULS.
- Obtained Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Graduate Research Engineer – BCD Inc., Any Town, NY Aug 03 – Jan 04
- Quality inspection of composites materials, adherence to ASTM standards
- Developed routing and non-conformance reports for various products.
- Identified and analyzed various sources of variation in surface finish, Layup, Material types using Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Applied the principles of 5S like visual controls, shadow boards and red tagging to reduce the search time for tools and fixtures.
- Involved in the time motion study for the process improvement.
- Conducted composite panel drawings using AutoCAD and generated data sheets for various customers.
- Analyses of the entire process flow by coordinating with interrelated departments.
- Hands on experience in Composite lay-up and tabbing process.
New York University (Mar 2009)
Specialization: Design and Manufacturing
MS in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
New York Technological University at New York, NY (Nov 1999 – Apr 2003)
BS in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical packages Pro and Engineer Wild Fire V3, Pro and E Mechanica, CATIA V4, UG NX, ANSYS 10.0,
ABAQUS, AUTOCAD 2008, SolidWorks 2008, NASTRAN and IDEAS.
Operating systems MS Windows (Windows 98 and ME and XP, Windows NT 4.0 and 2000) and DOS 6.2
Internet Development Macromedia Director8, Photoshop, Dream Weaver, Fireworks and Flash
Programming MATLAB 7.0.1, C, C++, Data Structures
HONORS and ACTIVITIES
- Ranked among top two in the class in the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Member, Indian Students Association (ISA)
- Member, Student Activities Committee
- Academic excellence scholarship through out Master and Bachelor programs
- Certificate of Appreciation for my work
- Received Editor’s Choice Published Poet Award from The International Library of Poetry.
Available on request