999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999; Cell Phone: (999)999-9999; firstname.lastname@example.org
engineer with experience in mechanical design and in performance improvement of production equipment. Capable of completing multiple projects with aggressive schedules. Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in a timely manner. Good ability to support and work well with other co-workers and team members as well as individually. Good oral and written communication skills. Good experience using Solid Works and Auto CAD for design, Microsoft Office, and some experience using Mat lab 6.5. Strengths include diagnosis and troubleshooting, time management, teamwork, cost analysis, good decision making.
ABC INC., Any Town, NY 09/09 – Present
- Resolve issues on engineering matters related to sheet metal, plastic injection, Metal die casting, Plastic, metal extrusion, welding, secondary processes (Plating, coating), CNC machining.
- Coordinate with manufacturing facility on quality issues.
- Refine drawings change.
- Present customer on mechanical engineering solution.
XYZ CORP., Any Town, NY 09/06 – 06/09
Mechanical Engineer – Mechanical Structures Division
- Created new designs.
- Ensured all enterprise-wide lessons learned were incorporated.
- Engaged in the design, procurement, construction, and delivery. Generated and released parts, assemblies, and drawings using ProE-Wildfire and Agile PDM, then directed technicians during assembly and test.
- Led development teams that designed, prototyped, and tested proposals to improve product performance, cost, and schedule as well as solve integration issues and discrepancies as they arose.
BCD INC, Any Town, NY 11/04 – 06/06
- Actively involved in launch of new products from kickoff to start of regular .
- Managed Suppliers with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills to achieve substantial cost savings.
- Managed Bill of Material’s and extensive experience in managing and tracking Engineering changes.
- Extensive experience in execution of programs and projects that meet On Time & Order to Delivery Quality and Cost Targets.
- Expertise in Product Development and managing Manufacturing Life Cycle in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience in supporting programs from Pre-bid through Product Development & Manufacturing.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates and present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Direct, review; approve product design and changes, set scientific and technical goals within outlines provided by top management.
- Create blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer generated CAD models.
- Specify or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, New York
Master’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Degree received: December 2003
Cumulative GPA: 3.75/4.00
University of Rochester
Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Degree received: May 2000
Mechatronics Kinematic Synthesis
Advanced Mechatronics Mechanisms
Control Systems Engineering Multibody Dynamics
Vibrations Manufacturing Systems Integration