999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Toan electrical engineering position, where my skills and electrical experience can be utilized to promote growth and prosperity for an organization that appreciates hard work and dedication
- Electrical Design, MTO’s, RFI’s, Red-Line Drawings, Build Work-Packs, Excel Spreadsheets, Access Database, Navisworks, Field Engineer duties for plant construction project – New York, NY
- Maintain and manage underground supply company
- Prepared engineering submittals
- Conducted training and safety meetings for employees.
- Maintain and manage transportation for material delivered to jobsite (DOT regulations)
- Electrician (current State of New York Journeyman Electrician – license # XXXXXX Exp. 2/21/11)
- Work on commercial, residential, industrial, and marine electrical construction
- Troubleshoot and repair existing installations with test equip
- Cut, thread, bend Ridgid & EMT conduit
- Pull wire & terminate
- Hazardous location fittings and armoured cable
- • Cable tray installation
Jun 2009 – Feb 2010 ABC Inc Any Town, NY
Electrical Designer and Engineer in training
- Lighting calculations (Space by Space or Whole building) for LEED Credit.
- Drafting with Autocad version 2006 and 2008.
- Drafting using design software Revit version 2009 and 2010.
- Complete 2 day course for Revit MEP version 2009 and 2010
- Responsible for production of documents in support of the project design, CAD drawings, ensuring drawings comply with client standards, verifying completeness and accuracy of drawings and overall quality of CAD documents.
- Assists PE with the engineering design and production tasks and maintains the Electrical Department CAD standards for various projects.
- Electrical calculations for power and lighting including demand load for normal and emergency.
- Coordinate and completed all power distribution.
- Responded to Electrical contractor’s RFI’s and building department review comments.
- Attended project coordination meetings In-House and Conference call with Architects, clients, other consultant and contractors.
- Written reports for field observation before and during construction of Electrical design to ensure per design documents.
Mar 2006 – Sept 2006 XYZ Corp Any Town, NY
Electrical Design Engineer
- Develop and make changes in existing codes on Programming of firmware in machine controller with use of C and C++ development tools.
- Design one line and schematic diagram of 440VAC, 220VAC and 100VDC in process plant.
- Define Develop and Document requirements, specification and test plans for electrical design aspects.
- Fabricate, test, debug and implement electrical design.
- Calculate size of DC and AC wires, bus bars and transformers.
May-Aug 2004 BCD Inc Any Town, NY
- Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for the generation and utilization of electric energy for diverse-industry clients.
- Implemented energy-efficient solutions that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through various projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients, resulting in a strong base of referral business.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering New York University New York, NY
U.S. Navy Basic Electronics and Electricity School & Electrician’s Mate Class “A” School
New York, NY
Instrumentation, Robotics, Power Systems, Signals & Systems, Circuits, Electronics, Electromagnetism, Electrical Analysis, Digital Fundamentals, Calculus I, II, and III, Differential Equations, Engineering Economics, Modern Physics, Chemistry, Java Programming I and II, C & C++ Programming, Assembly Language, Microprocessors, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networks, Microcomputers, Internet Programming
HONORS and MEMBERSHIPS and AWARDS
New York University:
Dean’s List 2005, 2008
Forces Expeditionary Medal, Meritorious Unit Commendation
Sea Service Deployment Ribbon