999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Mobile: 999-999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
engineer with 5+ years of experience in design and development, cost reduction, manufacturing processes and engineering sustaining functionalities. Experience in interfacing with mechanics and other engineering disciplines to optimize the design, and reduce cost and assembly time. Proven history of managing cross-functional teams for fast-paced projects focusing on design optimization
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems – Uni Graphics (4500+ hrs), Pro and E (2500+ hrs) and AutoCAD.
- Hands on experience in Finite Element analysis using FEA packages ALGOR and Pro and Mechanical.
- Developing managerial ability includes managing an intern.
- Excellent verbal, written, leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
Design Engineer, Research & Development, ABC Inc, Any Town, NY
- Carried out design engineering functions in a manufacturing environment which involved research of new technologies and alternative materials, conceptual design, detail & design drafting, product development, construction, on site testing, commissioning of equipment and product support.
- Conducted risk assessment of equipment and designs, as well as problem solving and modification of established equipment and designs.
- Prepared technical detail for sales inquiries, cost quotations, and technical literature.
- Completed detailed designs and specifications, including 3D modeling, drawing creation and document control while providing supporting expenditure calculations and specifications necessary for design development.
Research and Teaching Assistant, XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY
August 2002-April 2005
- Worked as a Research Assistant for XYZ Corp. at The University of Ohio. As a key team member, and analyzed a series of Intervertebral Cages for fatigue strength and optimal design. Pro and E and ALGOR were used for modeling and dynamic stress analysis, respectively.
Senior Design Engineer, BCD Inc, Any Town, NY
October 2001-March 2002
- Launched seven major design projects, concept to delivery at customer.
- Negotiated design improvements with the customer and implemented them. This allowed the process of building the HVAC unit to achieve 87 % efficiency, a global best performance for a production line.
- Reduced the complexity of the design concept delivering increased gross margin of 5% and cost avoidance of $540K+.
- Used Factor Tree Analysis, Five Why’s, and Dimensional Evaluations to find the root cause of problems and develop productive solutions. Solutions applied for supplier, material, design, and warranty issues. “Lesson Learned” cards created and distributed globally to prevent problem recurrence.
- Completed many design iterations and managed available resources demonstrating necessary flexibility to meet all deadlines as changes were developed and implemented.
- Communicated efficiently with customers, suppliers, and co-workers. Provided solutions and balanced priorities effectively satisfying their needs and those of BCD.
- Managed projects with OEMs and internal clients with remotely located design teams. Leveraged design standards and electronic media to successfully complete numerous projects over previous seven years. Ability to exchange ideas with a globally diverse group of individuals.
University of New York, New York, NY of Science, Mechanical Engineering, December 2005
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, August 2001
New York University, NY
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST