999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Phone: 999-999-9999 • Email: email@example.com
A Lead Hardware Engineer Position in High-Speed Digital and Analog Baseband Motherboard Design
- Engineer License (Electronics, Control and Communication) in NY
Computer Hardware Engineer, ABC Inc: 2008 – Present
- Managed a company-wide workstation hardware project that replaced UNIX X-terminals with physically larger Windows PCs, meeting various challenges such as space constraints and installation deadlines.
- Authored process and procedure documents for workstation installations in a new manufacturing facility collaborating between multiple teams and enabling production start-up.
- Saved company an estimated $50,000 per year in repair costs by developing and implementing a streamlined repair and replacement procedure.
- Initiated a corporate security investigation into computer component thefts and implemented a multi-team strategy that eliminated the occurrences.
Computer Hardware Engineer, XYZ Corp: 2006 – 2008
- Restructured and Upgraded programming and system operation.
- Developed custom software and computer hardware for laboratory testing.
- Interpreted and integrated foreign MCU design, in low power wound healing portable devices.
- Examined and validated hardware with Black box and white box testing for hardware modules.
- Isolated computer system failures to component level.
Hardware Engineer, BCD Inc: 2005 – 2006
- Maintained and developed all drawings for cabinets, which included assemblies, parts lists, schematics, and connection diagrams.
- Authored Critical Item Product Function Specifications (CIPFS) of cabinet system-level requirements.
- Authored Hardware Qualification Test (HQT) plans and procedures for validation of all cabinet requirements.
- Interface liaison with systems engineering.
- Provided direct support to cable database configuration at both cabinet and system level architecture.
- Authored Engineering Technical Reviews (ETRs) material and conducted ETR presentations.
- Presented detailed design package and Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) during visit.
- Performed trade studies in support of system architecture.
- Delegated tasks and provided mentorship to summer intern.
- PCB CAD tool: Or CAD Capture and Layout, Mentor DA, Engineer View, Board Station RE, Allegro PCB Editor, PSPICE, PolarSI8000, ADS Transient
- Signal and Power Integrity: Reflection, Impedance Control, Crosstalk, SSN, Ground Bounce, EMI
- Power supply: Buck, Boost, LDO, DVS, Cap-switcher, Inductor, Catch diode, Loop Stability,
- Components: Op-Amp, Capacitor, Resistor, Inductor, Diodes, Cable, Connector, Crystal, SPI and I2C, I2S, RS232 and 485, USD, USB, transistor, FET, Flip-Flop, Logic Gate, JTAG, Charger, Ethernet
- ARM: Cortex-M3 and Thumb-2
- Memory: NAND and NOR, DRAM, SDRAM, LP-DDR1, LP-DDR2, SRAM
- DSP: Sample, AD, DA, FIR, IIR
- RTOS: Free RTOS
- File System: FAT16
- Driver: USB-HID, USB Mass Storage, SDIO, Ethernet
- FPGA and CPLD: Verilog HDL, Quartus, Xilinx, ModelSim, Silos
- Object-Oriented Programming: C# .NET
- Circuit Simulation and Math: MathCAD and Mat lab
- RF Design and Simulation: Smith Chart, An soft Designer, HFSS
- Six Sigma, Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Member
- National Society of Professional Engineers, Member
of Science, Electrical Engineering — Awarded 2006
- GPA: 3.75 (major) ; 3.75 (cumulative) – University Pennsylvania
- Courses: Advanced Digital Design, Digital Signal Process, RF & Microwave Electronics, Sensor Technology and Applications, Advanced Electromagnetic Waves, Microwave Engineering.
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering (Microelectronics) —Awarded 2004
- GPA: 3.75 (major) ; 3.75 (cumulative) – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor