999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • 999 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
in managing, supervising, installing, provisioning, monitoring, maintaining and training personnel in the area of Network Design, Data Networking, Computer Operations, System Engineering and Network Telecommunications Operations, Knowledgeable in the area of TCP and IP management, operating and provisioning DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12 fiber optics and Sonnet networks faults.
Supervisory and Leadership
- Supervised and trained over 50 personnel regarding Data and Voice Telecommunications operations. Testing equipment, software upgrades, port and core expansions and trouble calls for multiple switching and system networks.
- Supervised and trained personnel on installing, operating, and maintaining computer systems for local and wide area networks. Understanding of network designs and concepts for Telecommunications systems
- Accounted for more than $1 million in communications systems equipment.
- Evaluated operational procedures for personnel in communications security and data information security.
- Supervised the operations of personnel in telecommunications center and prepared daily operational reports
- Effectively trained personnel on computer and data systems, as well as system efficiency and maintenance, resulting in the reduction of the margin of personnel errors on data and computer systems
Computer and Telecommunications
- Performed unit maintenance on manual and automated equipment that links mainframes, mini-computers and micro-computers to networks, and various protocols and topologies, including local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN) , TCP and IP addressing, and Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP),Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, and SS7 knowledge. Knowledgeable with Red Hat Linux and Fedora Windows2000 and XP platforms, remote log ins for troubleshooting of work stations, video conferencing, call accounting systems, and voice mail.
- Performed system problem diagnosis utilizing data analyzers and other devices to determine system faults.
- Implemented doctrine for security of personnel and computer systems passwords.
- Arranged for the request of maintenance contractors on data and networking systems.
- Monitored computer and data systems for large government networking system.
- Test and Acceptance, core, port, and software upgrades to various network and switching systems.
- Test and Acceptance of Tellabs DACS, Alcatel Switches, Cisco Routers, Nortel 5ESS switches and Wireless networks.
- Tested Transport and Sonet and DWDM systems and wireless networks, Lan and Wan Network faults.
ABC Inc. 12/09-Present
- Participate in customer technical teams, Integrated Program Teams (IPTs), and test working groups; input into test plans, managing test material during test execution, and documenting test re-sults as well as lessons learned.
- Perform program analysis in the development of policy & procedure guidelines, researching regulations, determining program impacts, identifying system requirements, and providing technical baseline support in the development of cost estimations.
- Serve as technical liaison to various organizations within ABC; extracting data, developing queries, re-ports, & dashboards providing business information for decision-making including periodic and as needed reports for communicating project status, issues, and recommendations.
- Assist other engineers using incremental software development methodologies by writing script codes, performing code reviews, and assisting in debugging efforts.
- Develop working relationship with the customer base in an effort to formulate proactive practical solu-tions for current and future needs.
XYZ Corp. 11/08-11/09
- Maintained department computers, printers, and network.
- Trouble shot and repaired hardware and software.
- Maintained software site licensing and installation.
- Installed network cabling, switches and document network topology.
- Maintained email server, issued accounts, backup and verify server, update server software, monitor user accounts.
- Handled hardware disposal and accounting.
- Recommended hardware and software purchases after researching the current hardware and software available.
Computer Engineer 03/07-07/08
- Created a Digital Runtime Macro to gather data from a database and output each transition to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Designed MSIV Macro to create four different timing reports of main stream isolation valves in excel using data extracted from an archive system.
- Created Scenario Center to automatically generate scenario file that drive plant monitoring display.
- Created a Column Selector which is a built a utility to allow a user to select hide and unhide certain col-umns in Excel.
of Science in Network and Communications Management
New York University, 2006
Certificate of Training, Titan 5500 7.0 and 7.0 Lite Software
Certificate of Training, Titan 5500 Core Expansion 1024 to 2048
Certificate of Training, Titan 6500 Architecture
Certificate of Training, Verity 3100 Echo Cancellers Software and Testing Procedures
Certificate of Training, Network Control Specialist
Certificate of Training, Equal Opportunity Training Program