999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Ph: 999-999-9999 • E-mail: email@example.com
I aman organization that has need for a top notch Sr. Systems Engineer proficient in VMware administration and Server Consolidation using Virtualization, DR (Disaster Recovery), Windows Clustering and and or Windows Server support in either a data center or enterprise class environment. I am the perfect profile for this position as I was the lead technical architect that set up maintained the Virtual topology, Disaster Recovery and Windows Clusters for a large multistate utility company in the New York region. I am seeking a position supporting a company’s IT infrastructure either on a full time, part time or Tele-commuting basis. Computer Engineer VMware – DR – Clustering – Windows Servers – SQL- Exchange – Server Consolidation – Full Data Center Support
ABC Inc. – Any Town, NY 2009- – Present – Computer Engineer
- Tested and repaired Intel PC motherboards, down to component level, using Martin Rework Expert 09.6XL, Hakko 485 Soldering System, and Hakko FR-801 SMD Rework Station.
- Analyzed user needs and recommended appropriate hardware; conferred with engineering staff and consulted specifications.
- Evaluated interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Monitored functioning of equipment and made necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Specified power supply requirements and configuration, drawing on system performance expectations and design specifications.
- Tested and verified hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements; analyzed and recorded test data.
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY 2001 – 2008 – Computer Engineer
- Defined stakeholders’ problems by converting needs and expectations into validated and integrated technical requirements to the extent necessary to implement feasible and cost effective solutions, using management tools when required.
- Created Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Configuration Change Proposals (CCPs) for equipment upgrades and deployments to present to the Internal Review Board (IRB) and to the customer at the Configuration Control Board (CCB) for final approval.
- Worked closely with vendors, by holding weekly meetings, to ensure project was on schedule and within budget and scope to minimize potential risks in delaying completion date.
- Identified equipment operational and functional issues and worked with engineering team members to develop optimal solutions.
- Offered technical guidance, review progress, and advised on procedural changes if required.
- Managed the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex engineering designs in order to ensure completion of project as efficiently and effectively as possible, while applying XYZ Corporate methodologies.
- Provided oversight on equipment cost savings activities, which identified enforcement technology exhibiting exorbitant maintenance costs to determine the root cause and allocate engineering resources as needed.
- Worked on engineering budget management activities to develop cost projections ensuring cost coverage for CTSC services.
- Supported the configuration management team by developing an Access database to store all the previous and future ECPs and CCPs to include creation and modification features for both new and existing forms.
- Created a customized remedy user guide to provide support for new users in creating trouble tickets.
- Participated in Microsoft VISTA beta testing pilot program to ensure compatibility of current software.
- As the sole computer engineer for the team, I was responsible for investigating the poor video quality issues at the local site and developing and executing a technical solution, test plans and test results, for acceptance from the customer.
- Supported proposal efforts by providing or directing specific technical and cost input and reviewing the overall draft proposal prior to submission in response to a SOW.
BCD Inc. – Any Town, NY 1998 – 2001 – Computer Engineer
- Do all clerical and office work.
- Have great customer service skills due to answering telephones.
- Gain knowledge in Geology & Environmental consulting.
- Use many computer programs including Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, Design Cad, & Photoshop.
- Become an expert in researching online information.
- VMware Workstation 5, 6, 6.5, VCB, Virtual Center 1 and 2, VMware Player, VMware P2V and VMware ESX Server VI3, 2.5, HA, DRS as well as VMware GSX Server 3.2 Server
- Microsoft.Virtual.Server.2005 Enterprise
- Microsoft Clustering utilizing EMC SAN Storage – HBA
- Remedy, SNA, Ethernet, Token-Ring, IBM Tivoli – Monitoring, IBM Tivoli Maestro and IBM TSM backups• DOS, OS and2, Novell, Windows 3.x, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, XP –Vista, Exchange, IIS
- Windows Server Specialist ( all versions)
SQL or Windows Cluster issues using the tools provided such as Sysprep. Quest Spotlight for Windows or Perfmon and Virtual Center Console for VMware 3. Access via the Cisco VPN using either Dame ware, PC Anywhere or Remote Console after hours for support calls as required. Norton Ghost, Acronis, Arc Serve , Backup Exec, Symantec Endpoint, Remedy, Security and Patch Management, SQL Server, Hyperion, Black Ice, Nortel, DB Xray, Lan Safe, UPS software, ERP amd CRM, Script Logic, SUS, Altiris, Soho, Sonic Wall, Tivoli Endpoint, numerous others.
Technical Training and Certifications
– Dell Certified Systems Expert Dale Carnegie – Public Speaking – Garden City, NY DOS Knowledge – both IBM and Microsoft from 1.0 to 6.0 Novell 4.x Training – Garden City, NY Windows 2000 Training, Commack, NY Linux – Basic class – IBM, NY Red Hat – Basic class – Red Hat, NY
New York Community College, New York, NY A.S.B.A, Business B.S.B.A, Business – 111 credits Public Speaking Class
Honorable Discharge, United States Air Force