999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • firstname.lastname@example.org • (999) 999-9999
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- in multi-family, single family, commercial and industrial site design including grading, storm sewer, detention and water quality, construction document preparation, utilities, platting, and land development approval processes.
- Strong leadership, communication, and technical engineering skills with experience in project management, planning, design, construction phase services, sustainable engineering practices and budgeting.
- Experienced in coordination with other consultants and contractors including Geotech, Environmental, Landscape Architects, Architects, MEP’s, Traffic, Land Planners, and Surveyors.
- Self motivated individual capable of working independently or as part of a team. Willing to travel.
- Persuasive, with ability to communicate effectively with culturally diverse audience. Public speaking and executive management briefing experience.
- Computer skills include MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, MS Project, Storm CAD, Water CAD, ICPR, MathCAD.
CIVIL ENGINEER AND CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR August 2009 – Present
ABC INC. Any Town, NY
- Inspect construction per contractor and pay items (submit daily IDR) for the Department of Transportation (DOT) on their US-Hwy project.
- o 2.26 miles of hot mix asphalt (HMA) cold milling and overlay of roadway, including ADA sidewalk ramps, structure adjustments, curb repair, and signal removal on US-Hwy from Main Street easterly to Elm Street in the City of New York. This project is funded with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds.
- Attend project meetings addressing standards, specifications, change orders, and project inspection operations.
CIVIL DESIGNER-SURVEY DESIGNER August 2006 – 2009
XYZ CORP. Any Town, NY
- As Civil Designer, responsible for principles in Conceptual Site Plans, Subdivision development with Site Plan, Grading Plan, Horizontal Control Plan, Utilities Plan, Landscape Plan, Land Use Plan, Drainage Plan and Road Plan.
- Work closely with Civil Engineers, Developers and Project .
- Meet with County Planning and Public Works departments to ensure all projects are within guidelines, county codes, for prompt, accurate completion of projects.
- Complete Engineering Estimate Report, Plot and submit plans to County for approvals.
- Redline all incoming projects from City and County and Engineering firms.
- As Survey Designer, responsible for designing Records of Survey Maps, Reversionary Maps, Parcel Maps, Water Rights Maps, Exhibit Maps, Lot Corner Maps, Site Map and complete FIMA Elevation Certificates. All maps are drawn from raw data using Surveyor’s Data Collector.
COST ESTIMATOR AND CIVIL ENGINEER INTERN August 2005 – 2006
BCD INC. Any Town, NY
- Performed takeoffs and cost estimates for civil site work including earthwork, underground utilities, and roadwork & paving bringing in $6 million of contracts per year.
- Solicited bids from subcontractors and suppliers to provide high quality estimates that are competitive, accurate, and organized.
- Responsible for procurement and scheduling delivery of material to the job site.
- Submitted locates for all excavations of utilities.
- Corrected shop drawings, processed material submittals, and wrote RFIs.
- Assisted civil engineer with permits, site design, and drafted civil and as-built drawings.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
NEW YORK TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY – COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING New York, NY
- Scheduled to take Professional Engineering (PE) Exam October 2010
- of Transportation Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- United States Green Building Council
- International Student Ambassador Scholarship
- Nominated Freshman and Sophomore athlete of the year