999 MAIN STREET • ANY TOWN, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Inc. – October 2005-September 2008
Civil Engineer Intern
- reclaimed mine site inspections.
- Collected GPS data and photography of sites.
- Created maps of mine sites using GPS, GIS, and Auto Cad drawings in Arc Map.
- Analyzed AMD treatments and created an AMD Mitigation Plan.
- Assembled Bond calculations and Long-term Treatment Trust calculations.
XYZ Corp. – August 2003-September 2005
Civil Engineer Intern
- Installation of coffer dam for erosion project.
- Replacement of Bridge Bearing Pads on Mid-Lake Bridge.
- Design of residential structures and additions using state Building Code 2004 & 2007.
- Design of structures using ASCE 7-05.
- On-site management of projects.
- Daily use of AutoCAD and drafting.
- Daily use of Microsoft Word and spreadsheets.
- Structural design of medical building.
- Structural design of church and feeding program building.
BCD Inc. – October 2001-Jun 2003
Civil Engineering Associate and EIT
- Performed hydrologic and hydraulic calculations.
- Assisted in the design of improvement plans including grading and utility plans for residential and commercial projects.
- Drafted AutoCAD and G.I.S. exhibits.
- Drafted lot fit analysis and plot plans.
- Wrote drainage study, SWPPP and other technical .
- Gathered drainage and traffic study data.
New York School of Mines – New York, NY
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a minor in Economics – May 1999
- Academic Honor Roll – Fall 1996, Spring 1998, 1999
- E.I.T. – March 1999
- Varsity football – August 1994-May 1999
• AutoCAD – Land Desktop • KCRTS • WWHM3
• StormShed2G • StormCAD • KCBW
• MS Office Suite • Visio • Access
Leadership and Management
- Responsible for mentoring EIT intern, directing their work and supervising tasks.
- Presented overviews of DOE Dam Safety Guidelines, Sustainable Development and Bio-infiltration techniques to the company.
- Lead seminars instructing client on design and development of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) interfaces.
- Resource and schedule management as well as project reporting.
- of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).
- Member of the Order of the Engineer society.
- Member of The Mountaineers – recently completed the Basic Climbing course.
- Actively participate in basketball, flag-football, skiing, hiking, snowshoeing and golf.