firstname.lastname@example.org • Cell: 999-999-9999
Ian Oracle Developer with 10+ years of experience working for major corporate clients in several challenging projects. I have played various roles like Consultant, Developer and Programmer and Analyst working in Oracle Database 9i and 10g, Forms Builder, Reports Builder, PL and SQL and SQL Plus.
- Have 10+ years of profound working experience in SQL, PL and SQL programming and have used tools such as Toad, SQL Navigator and SQL Developer for Oracle SQL based database and application development and deployment.
- Have worked in Mainframe environment converting Mainframe Dialogs to Oracle Forms and Reports and translating COBOL codes into Oracle Forms 9i.
- Have worked in the conversion system from HP3000 IMAGE Database to Oracle 10g R2 system translating DataNow scripts into PL and SQL scripts
- Participated in all phases of SDLC starting from Analysis to Delivery of the application development projects and also supported enhancements and maintenance of existing applications
- Ability to work independently as well as work with teams having varying backgrounds on complex issues and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have taken training in Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects and Informatica
RDBMS Oracle 10g and 9i and 8i and 7.x, MS SQL SERVER 2005, IDMS, HP and 3000 IMAGE
GUIs Developer 2000(Forms 4.5 and 6i and 9i and Reports 2.5 and 6i and 9i,Graphics 2.5), Visual Basic 4.0, PowerBuilder 5.0 and Crystal Reports
Operating Systems UNIX (Sun Solaris), Windows XP and NT and 98 and 95, MS DOS,MPE and HP3000
Languages SQL, PL and SQL, C, C++, COBOL, HTML, XML, C#
Version Control Visual SourceSafe, PVCS, CVS, PTS
Other Tools Toad , MS-Office, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader, DataNow
Data Warehousing Informatica 7.1, Business Objects 6.5.1
.NET Tools VB.NET, ADO.NET, Windows Forms, MS Visual Studio 2005 2.0
Role: SQL Server developer
Client: ABC Inc., Any Town, NY Period: Feb 09 – Feb 2010
- Designed and developed the Graphic User Interface using C# Win Forms.
- Designed and implemented tables, functions, stored procedures and triggers in SQL Server 2005.
- Wrote the SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, and Views.
- Built data connection to the database using C#.
Role: SQL Server Developer
Client: XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY Period: Nov 08 – Jan 09
- Maintain MS SQL Server 2005 and 2008, including security, configuration and install service packs .
- Build ETL processes utilizing SSIS and DTS, including FTP data from remote location, transform it, mart it to data warehouse and provide proper error handling and alerting.
- MS SQL Server database administration, including configure Scheduled Tasks for regular Database Backup and Maintenance Activities, create and modify tables, stored procedures, various clustered and non-clustered indexes, triggers, check constraints and functions.
- Create triggers to keep track of changes to the fields of tables when changes are made.
- Physical design and implementation SQL Server databases.
- Perform regular reviews of the database to identify performance problems, inadequate programming, and data duplication problems.
- Build applications that use API to automatically upload and download data from online store.
- Develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and utilizing complex SQL queries and stored procedures. Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Assist junior programmers with scripts, SSIS projects, troubleshoot complex stored procedures and query optimization.
Client: BCD Inc., Any Town, NY Period: Aug 08 – Oct 08
- Install, configure and maintain MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Perform data integrity checks by scheduling jobs and stored procedures.
- Implement migration SQL Server databases, user logins, and DTS packages from one server to another.
- Manage security, backup and restore on MS SQL Server databases and AS400 and iSeries systems.
- Utilize Fundraising applications and MS Great Plains Dynamics Financial System administration, including security, configuration and installed upgrades on an ongoing basis.
- Develop a business continuity plan for the SQL Server Databases.
- Set up and maintain database environments to support production, QA and development activities.
- Creation of triggers used to alert specified power users of certain transactions taking place within the database.
- Configure SQL Server Log shipping between primary and secondary servers.
- Generate reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service and Crystal Report.
- Created utility to upload data from SQL Server to AS/400.
- Created utility to upload data from Excel files to AS400 and iSeries and create billing statements.
- data from SQL Server and AS400 to create different financial reports
Master of Computer Science – New York University.
Bachelors in Computer Science – New York University.
I can provide my references on request.