Ian Oracle Developer with 10+ years of experience working for major corporate clients in several challenging projects. I have played various roles like Consultant, Developer and Programmer and Analyst working in Oracle Database 9i,10g, Forms Builder, Reports Builder, PL, SQL and SQL Plus.
- Have 10+ years of profound working experience in SQL, PL, SQL programming and have used tools such as Toad, SQL Navigator and SQL Developer for Oracle SQL based database and application development and deployment.
- Have worked in Mainframe environment converting Mainframe Dialogs to Oracle Forms and Reports.
- Have worked in the conversion system from HP3000 IMAGE Database to Oracle 10g R2 system translating Data Now scripts into PL, SQL scripts.
- Participated in all phases of SDLC starting from Analysis to Delivery of the application development projects and also supported enhancements and maintenance of existing applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as work with teams having varying backgrounds on complex issues and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have taken training in Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects.
- RDBMS: Oracle 10g-9i-8i-7.x, MS SQL SERVER 2005, IDMS, HP-3000 IMAGE
- GUIs: Developer 2000(Forms 4.5-6i-9i and Reports 2.5-6i-9i,Graphics 2.5), Visual Basic 4.0, Power Builder 5.0 and Crystal Reports
- Operating Systems: UNIX (Sun Solaris), Windows XP-NT-98-95, MS DOS,MPE-HP3000
- Languages: SQL, PL, SQL, C, C++, COBOL, HTML, XML, C#
- Version Control: Visual Source Safe, PVCS, CVS, PTS
- Other Tools: Toad , MS-Office, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader, Data Now
- Data Warehousing: Informatics 7.1, Business Objects 6.5.1
- .NET Tools: VB.NET, ADO.NET, Windows Forms, MS Visual Studio 2005 2.0
Role: Oracle Developer
Client: ABC Inc. Any Town, NY Period: Feb 09 – Feb 2010
- Provided development and maintenance support for proprietary Oracle-based accounting systems.
- Also responsible for creating database API modules in C++; developing UNIX shell scripts; and implementation of Enterprise Standard Cost (ESC) value based computations in all inventory calculators.
Role: Sr. ORACLE DBA (Production)
Client: XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY Period: Nov 08 – Jan 09
- Provided RAC (High availability) and single-instance Production database administration and for Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g databases under Red Hat AS, SuSe and Solaris platforms. Responsibilities included capacity planning, database design, database creation, performance tuning, data retention, and RMAN backup, recovery, disaster recovery for database size ranging from 1TB to 5TB.
- Installed, maintained Production, development, test databases using oracle (8i-9i-10g-11g).
- Installed, maintained and upgraded production databases on Oracle10g RAC clustered servers on Linux using ASM-OCFS2-asmlib, raw deveices and SAN storage.
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 8i-9i to oracle version (10.2.0.1-10.2.0.4).
- Migrated database from oracle 8i-9i-solaris to oracle 10g-Linux using Transport table space TTS-export
- Performed ongoing tuning of the database instances and SQL statements.
- Setup processes and procedures for DBA’s to maintain environment and trained junior DBA’s, developers.
- Implementation and maintenance experience of oracle 10g and 11gR2 (188.8.131.52) database and physical standby database, data guard (DR) before moving to production for reporting application.
- Performed and maintained production database backup using RMAN, data pump, export, cold Backup and prepared database Restore and Recovery strategy.
- Project Lead for architecting and implementing Oracle 10g RAC on Linux Red Hat.
- Write stored procedure using PL, SQL, SQL.
Role: ORACLE8I, MS SQL Server DBA Administrator and Technology
Client: BCD Inc. Any Town, NY Period: Aug 08 – Oct 08
- Designed, built and delivered innovative business solutions, focusing on advanced technical strategies, business process design, application development and technical architecture. Help companies define and implement solutions fast, efficiently, and cost effectively, so customers gain the maximum benefit from technology and quickly realize a return on their investment.
- Created full life-cycle application support and reporting by interviewing and surveying end-users to satisfy their needs.
- Migrated a number of Oracle databases to and tuned user SQL statements and schema objects.
- Recreated various indexes or other objects periodically to avoid system bottleneck.
- Designed and Implemented data warehousing and data mining application.
- Assisted upper management in their period reporting by analyzing various databases to get reports.
- Designed Applications by using VBA language.
- Created and implement report modules into database from client system.
- Wrote custom database documentation and error handling modules for database
- and troubleshoot any problems end users might have when using the production application.
Master of Computer Science – University of Washington, Seattle
Bachelors in Computer Science – University of Washington, Seattle
I can provide my references on request.