Address: 999 Main Street, Any Town, NY, 99999| Tel: 999.999.9999| Email: email@example.com
Seeking a career in Oracle Database Administration to leverage a company’s investment as well as provide an opportunity for advancement.
- ten years of Information Technology experience, five as an Oracle DBA.
- A self-motivated, responsible and reliable team player with a set of strong technical skills.
- Strong in solving problems of diverse scope where technical analysis and evaluation is required.
- Database software installation, patch and upgrade to development, test and production servers.
- Expertise in the creation of databases, table spaces, tables, indexes and other database objects.
- Excellent in the use of the import and SQL Loader utilities to load data and performing exports as supplemental to daily hot, cold and RMAN backups to be used for database restore and recovery.
- Excellent idea in editing and scheduling shell and batch scripts to execute full exports for data migration.
- Results-driven IT personnel with skills in team building and problem-solving with an established reputation for effectively working with diverse groups of people and adaptability to changing environments.
- Modify database structures as required by developers due to business or application requirements, clone development databases for testing and training.
- Develop capacity and performance metrics as well as maintain, analyze, and report on a scheduled periodic basis to management on development progress.
- Set up and manage database security by creating new users, roles, profiles, and provide required user privileges in development, test, training and production environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Real Application Cluster (RAC) and Data guard.
- SQL Plus, PL, SQL
- Windows OS skills (MS Office XP, MS Networking)
- Unix OS skills ( shell scripting, CLI user)
- Unix and Linux systems (Red Hat, Ubuntu)http://www.jeffthecareercoach.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=7321&action=edit
- Administration of multiple instances of Oracle 8i, 9i and 10g databases supported on the LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Installation of Oracle patches, performing backup and recovery procedures.
- Implementation and maintenance of user security.
- Strong work ethics, good attention to detail, excellent team player, great communication skills and ability to learn in a fast paced environment.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY 12/2006 to Present
- Managed and maintained hosted production, development, test systems, non-hosted client systems, as well as internal systems running Oracle applications in a 24X7 environment.
- Improved the quality of customer support and service request processing with promptness,
- Professionalism, communication, and solution to application and database issues
- Prioritized and resolved high volume of client and internal user requests, in addition to performing fast-paced installation and qualification procedures with deadlines.
- Installed and tested new versions of Oracle database, applications, and patches.
- Performed backups, restores, cloning, or refreshing databases and applications. Ensured availability of production systems and internal instances.
- Installed Data guard standby databases and performed disaster recovery testing.
- Monitored and optimized performance, resources, availability, and operation of all systems.
- Documented and complied with company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Executed Installation Qualification (IQ) validation.
- Prepared systems and supported QA team in OQ, PQ and all product suite validations.
- Added, modified or removed users, roles and privileges, profiles, and other data accesses.
- Performed Windows Server and UNIX system administrator tasks as part of maintenance,
- Client support and installations
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY 11/2005 to 12/2006
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Manage and support the 30+ Oracle databases.
- Create or clone the Oracle Instance and Databases on ASM. Perform database cloning and re-location activities.
- Managing table spaces, data files, redo logs, tables and its segments.
- Maintaining data integrity also managing profiles, resources and password security.
- Managing Users, Privileges and Roles.
- Install Oracle software and patches.
- Upgrading the 9i databases to 10g including data guard.
- Upgrading the Database from lower version to higher version.
- Tune SQL statement against database and its objects.
- Write script to monitor the database with shell and PL, SQL code or SQL PL, SQL code such as procedure, function, and package.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY 08/2001 to 11/2005
- Create databases, configuring them to meet developer and user requirements.
- Use the range, list and hash partitioning keys to partitioning large tables.
- Tune database to ensure acceptable level of performance and availability.
- Install client side of Oracle on developers and end-users PC and configuring them with network connections.
- Use SSH and Remote Desktop to remotely administrating Oracle databases.
- Creating tables and views for developer and client needs.
- Manages and maintains the data dictionaries.
- Perform daily incremental backup and full weekly backup using Oracle backup utility RMAN.
- Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing or deleting old or obsolete files.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- on Control Systems – University of Florida. 06/1996
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) – Jun. 2004
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) – Dec. 2003
- Microsoft Certified Professional – Jun. 2002
- Oracle Technology Network (OTN)