999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
A challenging position in Oracle DBA (application development or production support).
6/2008 – Present ABC Inc., Oracle DBA Any Town, NY
- technical support for Oracle, SQL Server for Production Database. Supported customer’s including international customer. Prepared physical standby database environment under 10g linux.
- Supported customers to manage their data (Vector Raster Data) ranging from GB to TB in oracle database, solving of space problem, data loading problem.
- Optimized the different customer production database. Supported the in house installation of oracle on different platforms, loading of user data to reproduced the problem, apply new oracle patch, upgrade oracle database, analyzed SQL queries causing performance problems.
10/2007 – 5/2008 XYZ Corp., Senior Oracle DBA Any Town, NY
- Senior DBA responsible for development production support.
- Responsible for problem determination and performance tuning of various application systems using Stats pack, Tkprof, explain plan, SQL trace and hints.
- Responsible for managing physical standby database for disaster recovery.
- Part of data quality team responsible for data cleansing and data standards using Trillium software.
- Upgraded Oracle database from 8i to 9i in Dev, Test, QA and Production environments with little downtime.
- Configured Oracle 10g for a packaged application on Linux OS.
- Implemented database level security using Roles.
- Implemented backups using RMAN as a primary backup mechanism.
- Built a test RAC system for evaluation purposes.
- Design, develop and implement Archive database where part of our historical data is off-loaded to a separate Oracle database.
- Responsible for database re-org to reclaim the space after the data was off-loaded by archive .
- Providing extensive developer support and mentoring.
3/2006 – 8/2007 BCD Inc. Oracle DBA Consultants, Any Town, NY
- Support the ORACLE production and development databases.
- Design the recovery plan. Support the testing group in tuning automated bridging applications.
- Analyze and resize objects for Production Database.
- Translate business requirements to an Enterprise Data model.
- Plan and implement various Transact-SQL statements, cursors, stored procedures and triggers.
- Grant privileges to users to access systems and databases.
- Establish connectivity to databases and monitoring system performance.
- Use Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to optimize the data flow.
- Developed or modified some Oracle backup and recovery scripts. Used Oracle backup utility RMAN EBU to implement Oracle backup and performed a number of times of disaster recovery.
- Performance Tuning Monitoring, estimate the number of users, CPU and Disk space requirement, identifying bottleneck and rectifying it, fine-tuned store procedures to improve performance, database loads performance improvements, proper setup of database files and file groups to boost performance.
- Be On-Call for the production database.
BS, in Computer Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette
UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX 5L); Linux, PC Network, MS-DOS, Window XP-2000-NT-98, IBM AIX (RS 6000), 4341, Aviion, AOS-VS (DG), VAX 11/780.