Software developer with more than 7 years of experience seeking a software development leadership position challenging and enhancing valuable diversified experience and skills in software design/development and project management.
UML, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Design Patterns
Java Core APIs, Collection, Multithreading, Applets, annotations
JEE Servlet, JSP, JDBC, EJB3, JMS, JNDI, Web Services
Frameworks Struts, Hibernate, Spring, iBATIS
Middleware Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Oracle 10G Application Server
XML Related XML, XSLT, JAXB
IDE JBuilder, Eclipse, JDeveloper
Database and Tools Oracle 8 and 8i and 9i, ERWin, SQL Station
Source Control PVCS Version Manager, CVS, Fortress
Operating Systems Windows XP, Windows Vista, Unix, DOS
Build and Test Ant, JUnit
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY
Entry Level Developer 10/07– present
- Designer and developer for various websites and promotional media.
- Design, create, and assemble web graphics, logos, and advertisements along with other media graphics as needed by clients.
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY
Entry Level Developer 04/04 – 10/07
Perform bug fixes and add new features.
- Inherited other software projects, primarily in VB.NET. Worked with other programmers to implement new features and fix bugs as needed.
- Assist in writing initial documentation to be sent to publication department. Provide screenshots, videos, etc.
- Assist other programmers in bug fixes as needed in various internal projects in different languages: C++, VB5 and 6, Linux bash, Windows batch scripting, Visual Basic Scripting.
- Deploy new releases using various scripting techniques.
- Set up Virtual Box environments (Virtual Machines) to test various other environments and setups as .
Report on incubation projects. Assist in deployment.
- Configure test bench for new products and work with programmers to determine if new products and peripherals were compatible and feasible for implementation into our existing products. Note any concerns, etc.
- Often worked out in field on brand new deployment of new products to report back any true software bugs; or new features requested by customer.
Provide Level 3 tech support.
- Work with Helpdesk for final level troubleshooting and determine if issues are configuration problems or truly software bugs. Interface with rest of Software Development team.
- On call for after hours support.
- Provide initial testing for Software Development before releasing software to QC department.
- Work closely with Developers to try and break and find bugs in software; consider all possible scenarios.
- Create Excel sheets with test matrices to cover all scenarios.
- Attempt to automate testing using third party controls to move mouse cursor for input.
- Log problems into bug tracking software and assist in making sure all bugs and new features are implemented for each scheduled release.
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY
Entry Level Developer 05/03 – 03/04
- Track job orders from employers until they are filled.
- Websites, phone calls, online newspapers ads, personal contacts and written correspondence.
BS in Computer Science, 2002
Management Professional (PMP), 2006
Sun Certified Java Programmer, 2007
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), 2009
CLEARANCES AND REFERENCES