999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: 999-999-9999 • Fax: 999-999-9999 • Cell: 999-999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- experienced in developing and implementing SaaS software.
- Expert at designing, delivering, and maintaining customer-focused software solutions.
- Expert at designing and developing applications based on a Client Server architecture.
- Highly proficient at development of front-end, middle tier and back-end of applications.
- Expert at designing customer-facing UI.
- Expert at developing apps using spreadsheet API and interface.
- Thorough unit tester and quality focused developer.
Over 10 years of development experience in:
- Designing, architecting and developing software applications.
- Developing multiplatform UI.
- Creating Web Servers to provide a wide array of Web Services using Apache Tomcat Servlets.
- Connecting to databases & retrieving data using JDBC technology.
- Using Java Server Pages (JSP) to create dynamically generated web pages.
- Creating software applications using Java-based Actuate e.Spreadsheet API.
- Deploying applications using Java Web Start methodology
- Deploying serverside applications on Linux-based servers.
- Creating Java Archive (Jar) files to distribute Java apps.
- Creating Web Application Archive (War) files to distribute Java Servlets.
- Creating context-based online help using Javadoc.
Extensive software and application development experience (aggregate 10 years) using the following technologies and processes:
- SQL expertise and creating databases using MySQL.
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Rich Internet Applications using HTML and XHTML.
- Developing web-based mobile application development platform and applications.
- Highly skilled at executing Proof of Concept development projects.
- Mission critical application production deployment and support.
- Application maintenance & porting.
- Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Systems and requirements analysis.
- Commercial software development and implementation through a Web .
- Highly capable of multitasking and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Outstanding ability to create complex technical presentations for a non-technical audience.
- Professional developer highly focused on delivering structured, efficient and readable code.
- Highly proficient in working with users and translating their needs into technical solutions.
- Skilled at developing analytical and technical reference and user documents.
- Performing financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, projections and man-power planning.
- Excellent organizer, communicator & project planner.
- Outstanding written skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Keen ability to see the ‘big picture’.
- Detail oriented.
- Master of complexity.
- Highly quality conscious.
February 2003 – September 2010
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY
Developer and Administrator
- Customized applications to fit customer needs.
- Performed daily maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Integrated web interface for applications using AR Web.
Jun 1996 – September 2002
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY
- Performed Business Analysis with company representatives in the Executive, Administrative, and Operations departments to gather requirements and create a viable scope of work.
- Removed approximately 90% of the existing VBA code while adding functionality and improving performance.
- Made extensive use of SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, and views to move processing overhead from the client to the server.
- Created user-friendly forms and reports using Access 2003 front end.
- Re-engineered the SQL Server database with improved normalization, indexes, and proper Primary and Foreign Key constraints.
- Designed and executed DTS packages to move original data from the old schema to the new schema.
- Set up backup and maintenance plans and trained employees how to use the new system.
October 1995 – March 1996
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY
- Using VB, MS Excel, PivotTable, Macros, VBA, and SQL Server 2000 to develop the Any Rate software, data analysis reports products and software tools.
- with SQL Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager to write Sorted Procedures and Import/output data.
1993 – University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of Science in IT
Available Upon Request