999 MAIN STREET, ANY TOWN, NY 99999
- of commercial and residential design projects for interior design firms, luxury home builders and architectural firms.
- Effectively develop and sell creative design solutions to clients, generating repeat business through the growth of long-term relationships.
- Completed interior design projects for corporate offices, grade schools, university buildings, hospitals, retail, churches, senior living facilities, and large private residences.
INTERIOR DESIGN QUALIFICATIONS
- In depth evaluation and programming of clients prior to inception of projects.
- Excellent sense of color and proportion.
- Broad knowledge of furniture, lighting, wall covering, window treatments, carpet, hard surface flooring, mill work details, ergonomics, finish durability and space planning.
- In depth experience in finish and furniture selection & research for commercial and residential projects.
- Experience in writing specifications for finishes, furnishings, lighting, accessories, plumbing, and mill work.
- Experience with CAD, architectural drafting and coordination of construction documents with other specialists.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Simultaneously manage several major design projects, remain on budget, and see them to successful completion.
- Document preparation for proposals, contract and construction management.
- Manage and delegate tasks to design team while working together to complete projects.
- Manage client questions and concerns with professionalism and empathy.
- Work alongside site supervisors while maintaining positive relationships with entire team and all trades.
- Thrive in team environment with experts from all facets of the design, architecture and construction .
- Involved in marketing and promotions.
Interior Designer 2007 – 2009
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Consult with and advise residential and commercial clients regarding remodels, space planning, surface selection, color, furnishing selections and organization projects.
- Manage projects and office including all follow-up, administrative duties, day-to-day responsibilities.
Interior Designer 2005-2007
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Assisted with furniture and accessory buying decisions.
- Contacted new clients and followed up with previous clients.
- Scheduled in-home and showroom appointments to determine clients’ needs and wants within budget parameters.
- Created floor plans and made presentations which included design elements along with finish selections, custom-made window treatments, bedding and accessories.
Interior Design 2002-2004
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Number One designer in sales volume.
- Won many awards during the tenure for home designs.
University of California, Santa Barbara
Interior Design Major
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Major: Marketing
of California, Berkeley
Double Major; School of Interior Design & College of Business
Washington University, St. Louis
Interior Design, Architectural Drafting & CAD courses
Licensed Interior Designer
Cleared Green Associate Exam