999-999-9999 • email@example.com
Dental Assistant, skilled in providing professional dental care assistance to Dental Hygienist or Dentist. Able to assist in the cleaning of teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. Organized and works well independently with minimal supervision while, working in a team environment. Experienced in operating office equipment, word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications. CPR and First Aide Certified. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Exceptional capacity to multi-task by managing numerous priorities with ease while providing superior patient care. Keen knowledge of HIPPA guidelines.
- Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Assist dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
- Trained in professional customer service etiquette.
- Proficient in maintaining office daily operation.
- Able to cross train with various departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, records, and compliance within the company.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Dental Assistant 9/2008-3/2010
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Conducted FMX and panoramic to evaluate patients dental condition and possible treatment plans.
- All expanded functions.
- Assisted the dentist chair side in root canals, composite fillings, extractions, denture placement, and surgery.
- Made temporary crowns.
- Sterilized all equipment properly.
- Enter treatment plans in Soft Dent Software.
- Checked out patients.
- Verified insurances PPO HMO Medicaid.
Dental rotations: 11/2005-8/2009
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- General Dentistry.
- Exams, treatment planning.
- Exams, treatment planning.
- Prophy, scaling and root planning.
- Restorative, cores, posts.
- Rotary instrumentation.
- Lateral condensation.
- Fixed and removable.
- Oral Surgery.
- Surgical and non-surgical extractions.
Dental Assistant 12/2005- 8/2007
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Assisting during and after dental procedures with, instrument transfers, collecting and recording patient health histories and dental charting, preparation of dental materials, cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials.
- patient management assistance during dental medical emergencies and inventory control and management.
- New York High School, Medical Assisting Diploma 2007-2008
- New York University, Diploma 1995-1998