999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 9999, 999-999-9999
EFDA DENTAL ASSISTANT
the Challenging Position of Dental Assistant
A highly talented Dental Assistant with huge experience in preparing patients, sterilizing instruments, setting up instrument trays, and preparing the materials used in dental procedures; keeping the patients mouth free of debris during the procedure; handing the dentist the appropriate instruments; taking impressions; and taking x-rays.
- More than 10 years experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Deep sense of punctuality, accuracy, efficiency and professionalism.
- Provide compassionate care to patients and educate in post-procedure care.
- Maintain the highest degree of patient confidence.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and MSDS guidelines.
- Computer skills Eagle soft, Dentrix, QSI, and Tiger view software.
ABC Inc. — Any Town, NY
Dental Assistant, 2008-2010
- Prepare and arrange instruments, medications and required material.
- Prepare patients for dental health services and instruct them in appropriate post dental treatment, and oral hygiene.
- Prepare dental materials: cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials.
- Promptly follow all instructions from the dentist dealing with patient comfort.
- Being familiar with and use four-handed assisting technique.
- Maintain dental equipment and operators in good, clean condition at all times.
- Maintain the instruments and working areas in strict accordance with sterilization, disinfect ion protocols per OSHA guidelines.
- Cross-train in other dental support positions as necessary, i.e., perioidontics, prosthodontics, endodontic and oral surgery.
- Maintain personnel protection per OSHA guidelines as it pertains to personnel safety, i.e., protective clothing, eye wear, gloves.
- Participate in general staff meetings and clinics.
- Expose developing and processing dental and digital x-rays and maintain x-ray machinery.
XYZ Corp. — Any Town, NY
Dental Assistant, 2006-2007
- Preparation of clinical treatment room prior to patient arrival and ensuring that all instruments and equipment is ready to expedite procedure.
- Greeting and making patient feel comfortable and at ease by using headphones, massage chair, blanket, paraffin hand wax treatment or movie glasses.
- Assisting the dentist during procedures including: composite bonding, composite veneers, porcelain veneers, porcelain ceramic crowns using Cerec Technology, implants and prosthetics.
- Document patient treatment; take notes that are dictated by the dentist during exam.
- Took alginate impressions, took face-bow wax records, poured stone models, trimmed models and mounted models on articulators.
- Accurately took, developed, mounted and duplicated x-rays.
- Clinical supply ordering.
BCD Inc. — Any Town, NY
Dental Assistant, 2002-2008
- Primary duties were prosthodontic chair side assistant and senior CSR (central sterilization room) technician. duties included exposing, processing, and mounting of dental radio graphs.
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA), 2001-Present
Certified in First Aid & CPR 2009
High School Diploma, New York High School— New York, NY, 2001
Available upon request
Click to download the Dental Assistant Resume Sample One in PDF.