999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999)999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a position in an office, clerical, or customer service industry that will utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve company goals.
Highlight of Qualifications
- Over 10 years professional experience with the public
- and persuasive in communicating creatively with thousands of customers from all cultures and economic levels.
- Proven skill in persevering to solve customer’s problems.
- Self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions.
- Very well organized and able to meet deadlines.
Clerical Skills and Experience
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
Customer Service Skills and Experience
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and practices
2010 Customer Service/Sales Representative ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Responsible for responding to customer phone calls by listening empathetically to the customer, clarifying and assessing customer needs, and resolving billing and basic service issues in a prompt and effective manner.
- Professionally answered a high volume of call types as assigned. Effectively scheduled service appointments for current customers in a proficient and courteous manner.
- Able to efficiently navigate through multiple data entry systems and other relevant applications, tools and resources while speaking with customers.
- Successfully up sold customers on promotional upgrade services.
- Managed follow up calls to customers in a timely manner.
2001-08 Customer Service Management Skills XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Trained temp and new staff members on standard call center procedures.
- Acted as Intern print manager coordinating print job priorities.
1999-00 Customer Service Skills BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Inside sales.
- Assist customer in placing orders and provide detailed product information.
- Address customer questions and issues.
- Research and troubleshoot ordering and shipping problems to ensure consistent service.
- with Upper-Management and Warehouse Staff to ensure efficient shipment and delivery of products.
- Order receiving and tracking.
- Data entry.
- Responsible for daily and weekly reports.
- Faxing and Filing.
New York University