999, Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
– rounded background in Civil Engineering. Knowledge of land surveying and public works administration, materials and methods and techniques of general building and road construction. Ability to read and interpret complex engineering plans, plats and profiles. Exceptional organization and time management skills, experienced in technical reporting and estimating projects, outstanding computer skills, excellent communicator, ability to easily interface between management and staff.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Estimator) & Civil Engineer
2/1985 to 6/2009 ABC Inc.
- Prepared estimates for aluminum, glass & curtain walls, calculating costs and applying margins.
- Prepared BOQ and contracts, detailed quantity take-offs, progress payments, S-curves, variation order, claims for extension of time & compensation for submission to general contractor and consultants.
- Assisted in project planning, manpower, equipment scheduling and other contractual issues.
2/1985 to 6/2009 XYZ Corp.
- Planning, scheduling, prepare manpower loading, material and equipment status to be submitted to the Project Manager and Client for approval.
- Study, interpret, and analyze design drawings as per contractual requirements necessary cost estimation
- Know the scope of work, provisions and supply materials as per contract agreement.
- Prepare material and quantity take-off on Civil and Structural works including underground piping for procurement of materials and preparing the tender documents.
- Prepare cost estimate on various change order and coordinate with engineering manager and for the discrepancies on shop and engineering drawing arises during the progress of project.
- Coordinate to the Client Quantity Surveyor and reconcile regarding the comments on the submitted change order cost estimates for final agreement in the quantity and cost.
- Check and verify sub-con claims as per scope of work on the contract agreement to sub-con and prepare the necessary cost estimates and budgeting.
- Coordinate with Consultant, Client and Supervise Subcontractors works.
Short Range Planning Engineer and Surveyor
2/1985 to 6/2009 BCD Inc.
- Collaborate with team of engineers and a geologist responsible for mine design, plans, surveys, and mapping to schedule activity in a mine.
- Monitor daily progress of all mining activity.
- Lay out drill patterns, expiration holes, and other engineering designs.
- Oversee surveying equipment and supplies.
- Assist engineering department with short range planning by comparing and determining differences between engineering-mapped area and daily land survey; recommend adjustments to short term mining plan.
- Monitor quality of grade in accordance with production standards.
- Supervise engineering interns; educate and mentor interns in mining occupations.
- safety and procedure training.
New York High School – graduated 1982
New York University, Architectural Design Technology – A.S. Degree – 1984
Customer Service Training
Various other certificates