999 Main Street, Any Town NY 99999
To obtain a position within a construction or design related field and further expand professional knowledge to enhance current job capabilities.
2007-Present: ABC Inc. Construction Laborer
- reporting to the general foreman, responsibilities included aspects of carpentry, demolition, fencing, masonry, waterproofing, acoustic ceilings, drywall, flooring, and sensitive equipment protection.
- Worked various shifts to accommodate customer’s hours of operation and needs.
- Coordinated and supervised subcontractors.
- Loaded, unloaded and identified building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributed them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Cleaned and prepared construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Organized and maintained warehouse space, increasing productivity.
- Instituted usage of sign in and out slips to provide proper tracking of inventory, decreasing loss.
- Performed and scheduled routine maintenance on company vehicles.
2001-2007: XYZ Corp. Construction Laborer
- Experience with power and air tools. All types of construction saws, drills, jackhammers, compressors & hand tools.
- Installed doors, door hardware, windows, cabinets and counter tops.
- Concrete experience. Poured walls, footings, flat work, curbs and sidewalks.
- Roofing experience. Residential and Commercial. Shingles, flat roofs, and rubber roofs.
- Painting experience. Interior and Exterior.
- Assistance and attending to carpenters needs and general cleaning and maintenance of job site.
1999-2001: BCD Inc., Laborer
- Prepared construction site to eliminate potential hazards.
- Installed PVC, RIDGID, and EMT conduit.
- Experienced working with high voltage electricity.
- Repaired and maintained wireless meters.
- various equipment, power tools, and hand tools.
2003-2004: University of Iowa, 20 hours in General Studies.
1995-1999: New York High School, HS Diploma.