firstname.lastname@example.org • 999-999-9999
- Over 10+ years designing, developing large-scale data integration solutions for data warehouses, application migrations and such across a variety of platforms and databases.
- practical and architectural knowledge of applying SMP and MPP approaches with Informatica PowerCenter and Ab Initio using either Oracle and Teradata.
- Advanced Teradata Certified Professional V2R5 and Informatica Certified Consultant.
- Technical contributor to Informatica’s Methodology and Best Practices.
- Experience in full project implementation lifecycle (requirements, functional specifications, design, development, test and training).
- Proven client-facing skills, outstanding project success record, communication and collaboration excellence.
Databases: MS SQL 7.0 and 2000, Oracle 8i and 9i, Informix, Sybase, DB2, Teradata v2r6 and Access 97 and 00
Programming Languages and Other: KSH, SQL, PL and SQL, SVN
Operating Systems: Windows, Sun Solaris, HPUX, Linux, and AIX
J2EE Application Servers: BEA WebLogic, WebSphere, and JBOSS
ETL & BI tools: Ab Initio, Informatica PowerCenter, PowerAnalyzer, Super Glue, MicroStrategy and Business Objects
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY: Project Manager and Technical Analyst 7/07-present
- Managed a team of consultants including, Data Architect, Data Modeler, ETL Architect, and ETL Developers.
- Re-platform datamarts into Teradata
- Integrated datamarts into the Enterprise Data Warehouse including:
- Source data analysis
- Integration analysis
- Data modeling
- Technical design
- ETL design
- Testing methodology
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY : Team Lead 7/07-present
- The objective of this project was to design and setup a Risk and Financial Data Warehouse.
- Involved in understanding requirements and in modeling activities of the attributes identified from different source systems which are in Oracle, Teradata, CSV FILES and Mainframe. Data is Staged, integrated, Validated and finally loaded the data into Teradata Warehouse using Informatica.
- Performed the role of a Team Lead which included mentoring people. Involved with various Project Management activities & Configuration Management tasks. Worked extensively on proposals & estimations for the implementation of the systems into the warehouse
- Involved Completely in Analysis, Design (including creation of software requirement from the business requirement document), Build, Test and End Delivery for Securitization module.
- These systems were implemented using Informatica and the Warehouse in Teradata. Fast-Load, MultiLoad, BTEQ & Fast-Export were the Teradata utilities used
- Worked extensively on performance improvement & query tuning tasks.
- Involved in providing user support for executing System Integration Testing & Acceptance Testing
- Involved in production implementation of new systems and Teradata system upgrades as part of maintenance
- Involved in migrating the Code from Informatica 7.1 to 8.1.
- Involved in Conducting Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica PowerExchange and Teradata Training.
- Was the Defect Prevention Anchor for the team. Audit teams for test and defect metrics, and provide consultation for improvement.
- Participated in the development of process improvement techniques across development functions, as the team embarked on attaining CMMI level 1 credentials.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY: Data Analyst 5/06-7/07
- Modified and simplified the programs written using Unix SAS and Teradata to run using only Teradata SQL to decrease run time and reduce database space usage.
- Created a demo data set using SAS, with data and statistics similar to actual data, to demonstrate and finalize the functionality of a dashboard.
- Conducted a lot of research to check the accuracy of data in Teradata database tables and the possibility to use Teradata tables instead of tables created by different vendors.
- Created an automated version of Excel reports that significantly reduced the time necessary to create monthly reports. Excel, Excel VBA, and Teradata SQL were used to analyze the data and calculate results. Data was sent from Teradata to Excel through ODBC connections.
- Design and created macros using Excel and VBA, including a macro to get customized reports. Wrote a macro using VBA to automatically retrieve data from Teradata SQL to Access.
- Migrated cubes, SSIS Packages, DTSs, jobs from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008. Participated in the migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Modified cubes on SQL server 2008 using SSAS by adding new dimensions from new views to existing cubes.
- Modified and ran different monthly and yearly processes to create, update, insert, and delete data in Teradata databases. Created pivot tables to validate results.
- detailed documentation using Word, Excel, and Visio for newly created programs and processes.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
B.S., Operations and Management Information Systems, New York University, June 2000 (GPA: 3.75 and 4.0)
Available Upon Request