Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 999 Main Street
Phone: 999-999-9999 Any Town, NY 99999
Highly dedicated graduate student with strong analytical, communication and innovative skills with 10 years of experience seeks full-time opportunity in the field of Business Analytics and Data Mining.
- In knowledge of Database marketing, data mining using predictive modeling techniques, data preprocessing and data analysis.
- Profound knowledge of forecasting techniques, multivariate analysis, CRM, time series analysis, cluster and factor analysis, conjoint analysis, SEM.
- Expertise in Base SAS programming including advanced techniques like Proc SQL and Macros processing.
- Domain knowledge of financial markets and instruments and health care
Databases : Oracle 8i,9i, MS Access, MS SQL
Analysis software : SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS 9, SPSS Clementine, Stata, Gretl, R
Languages : C, Java, VB 6.0, SQL, PLSQL, VB.NET, PHP, ABAP4
Enterprise software : SAP R3
Other tools : Micro strategy, Rational Rose, Mercury QC, Visio, Project, MS Word and Excel
Operating Systems : Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, UNIX
Business Analyst Jul 2006 to Jul 2008
ABC Inc Any Town, NY
- Analyzed scope, captured business requirements (retail and corporate banking), recommended process changes and documented the requirements for the development team.
- Estimated effort for the projects (and change requests) using function point analysis (.Net or SQL)
- Functionally tested the developed systems (UAT) and deployed them in the production environment.
- Supervised fallback drills for various software applications as a part of the business continuity exercise.
- Recommended process changes and documented the same so as to align them in accordance with SOX requirements.
- Managed multiple projects varying complexity ensuring timely completion. These projects realized significant savings in terms of time and money.
- Developed workflow based applications (.Net environment) as per corporate banking business needs.
- Organized a vendor evaluation exercise (preparing questionnaire, collating responses and analysis of the same) to rate the vendor performance.
Consultant – Sr. Business Analyst Jun 2005 to Jul 2006
XYZ Corp Any Town, NY
- Working closely with Program and Project Management to provide input during all phases of project development and to ensure business objectives are met.
- Working with the business to understand and determine system implications in terms of the platform(s), application(s) and business processes for B2B solutions.
- Assisting with running test cases on .Net platforms to ensure successful code deployment using the Mercury Quality Center – Test Director.
- Enhancing and modifying the functional user guide.
- Work with the business on developing business processes and governance to enhance system .
Senior Business Analyst Jul 2004 to Dec 2004
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Document Business and functional requirements for ISO Circulars.
- Documented the requirements through interviews with key stakeholders ,subject matter experts & ISO.net
- Coordinated with QA team to develop test schedules & scenarios.
- Delivered Project Business and Functional requirements.
- Created Use Cases to model business processes.
- Functional, Data & Forms Analysis.
- Prepared Release Notes for the projects, Memos to customers.
- Coordinated with the customers accepted the ISO circulars, incorporated special deviations like rates, forms, circular acceptance date, state approvals within the Base ISO requirements.
- Facilitated session among cross functional teams for system integration and data flow across systems.
- Update Rate tables, Deviation tables, rating factors, override factors, mods, surcharges, and Loss cost multipliers as per ISO circulars, state, effective date, rate versions, insurance companies.
- Validate Detail output of Rating results, Validate if system is interpolating the rating with Rate tracking & manual calculation.
- Verify if application generates accurate data in Stat codes for internal auditing.
Certifications and Trainings
- Advanced SAS 9 Programmer
- Certified Base SAS 9 Programmer
- Awarded with SAS, OSU Certification in Data Mining
- Certified in SAS Predictive Modeling
- Trainings on ‘Requirements Management’ and ‘Use Case Modeling’
- MS in Management Information Systems Grad: May 2010 GPA: 3.75/4.0
- Vanderbilt University
- Master of Management Studies Grad: May 2005 GPA: 3.75/4.0
- California Institute of Technology