123 Main Street • email@example.com • (123) 456-7890
Thomas M. Ackley
Aanalyst with in-depth business, financial and accounting experience. Demonstrated ability to make immediate improvements relating to internal and external reporting, cash management, cost reduction, efficiency, and internal controls. Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow through qualifications with the ability to manage and prioritize a variety of projects.
Financial and general management strengths include:
- Proficient Communication Skills
- Corporate Finance & Accounting
- Performance Analysis
- Database Management
- Mapping and UAT Testing and Business Requirement Documentation
- Spreadsheet Modeling
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Trend Projection
- Variance Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- ROI Maximization
Healthcare Business Analyst 04/04 – 06/10
- Create and update Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Act as a liaison between the business units, QA and the technology teams. Lead JAD sessions and act as the lead facilitator for various projects from start to finish through the SDLC.
- Participate in Code Reviews, System Testing and UAT followed by production verification, post production testing and support.
- Conduct BRD walk thru session with the entire finance team, business, testers and developers after the completion of the BRD. Organize meetings with the SMEs of the dependent systems. Conduct weekly issue meetings with customers.
- Resolve HPSD Tickets (Service Request) and deliver high quality resolution to the client.
- Validate financial processing – generation of Checks, EFT’S, 835’s Claim Payment Record etc.
- Responsible for running Capitation and setting up Capitation Rates for the plans supported by UHG.
- Responsible for running Premium billing and updating Bill Thru Dates every month for UHG plans.
- Resolved issues related to financial processing of claims on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintaining the log file for all the project worked by all the team members
XYZ Corporation 02/04 – 04/04
Healthcare Business Analyst
- Researched client and internal data integrity issues using SQL database queries, Business Objects reporting, and other forms of analysis
- Created XML configurations to accurately parse EDI, EDIFACT, CSV, and Excel data files into the InfoNow database
- Analyzed point of sale and inventory data in order to make recommendations to our clients on distribution channel management strategies and techniques
DEF, Incorporated 05/03 – 09/03
Healthcare Business Analyst
- Formulated Business Requirements
- Managed projects workflow through project life cycle
- Managed enrollment system for Medicare memberships
- Created reports providing weekly analysis of memberships
- Maintained HIPPA Compliance while conducting business with vendors, clients, and members
SAP Business Objects, MS Access, Excel, Word, Power Point , AS400, Multiple patient accounting platforms (PBAR,, INVISION, MS4, HBOC, MEDITECH), Great Plains
Bachelor of Science in Accounting – New York University, New York, NY
Associates Degree in Business – University of California, San Diego, CA