999 MAIN STREET; ANY TOWN, NY 99999, 999, 999-9999, EMAIL@GMAIL.COM
Over 10 years’ experience selling print advertising and direct mail to local businesses.
Demonstrated success record in:
- and development of sales territory.
- Creating campaigns for advertisers that both meet their needs and create their desired image.
- Creating programs, packages, products bringing new revenue.
- Developing accounts and building relationships with advertisers and the community.
- Planning events and programs to promote sales or charity involvement.
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
2/2005 – Present ABC Inc, Any Town, NY
- Prospecting new local businesses within a given territory by phone, Internet or in person.
- Conducting presentations daily with business owners.
- Negotiating monthly ad changes and renewals with customers.
- Collaborating with clients, manager and editors in editorial and design departments to create ads for monthly close.
- Met closing deadlines.
- Achieved sales between $25,000-30,000 per month.
- Improved quality of paper by finding successful and reputable businesses to advertise.
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
11/2001 – 2/2005 XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Main Responsibility was selling advertising schedules based on advertising needs and budgets.
- Developed new business, maintained and exceeded growth of current customer base and met, revenue goals.
- Worked with the spec and creative departments to develop ad layouts, and followed up on proofs and other technical aspects of customers advertising campaigns.
- Forecasted and projected revenue for the current period.
- Made outside sales calls to existing and potential customers.
1/1997 – 11/2001 BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Communicated daily with 50 sales employees in 2 sales offices regarding new procedures, policies, events and HR matters.
- Maintained volume and expense budgets for the department. Approved purchases and maintained office supplies and equipment for sales offices.
- Planned and supported regional meetings (clients and employees) through the year with average budget responsibilities of $60,000.
- Coordinated on-site training facilitators and presentations for new sales team.
- Maintained and managed attendance records for Northwest Region and acted as liaison with corporate Human Resources for benefits, promotions, spot awards, and salary increases.
- Office Manager Responsibilities of maintaining office equipment, phone system, office supplies.
- Handled all facility-related issues. Coordinated outside contractors, processed invoices for payments, scheduled and oversaw routine maintenance of equipment, and acted as office liaison for building management.
- Worked collaboratively with other staff members to accomplish goals and objectives regarding staffing, departmental finances and client relations.
- with VP to facilitate smooth office workflow and act as “gate-keeper”. Speak and, or acted on behalf of VP when out of the office or unavailable.
8/1992 – 5/1996 Johns Hopkins University
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Course work included: Public Relations, News writing, Advertising, Communications Law, Business Writing, Marketing, Graphic Design, business.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Graphic design software knowledge.
- Internet and email proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal and presentation).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take direction and think creatively to achieve goals.
- Strong conceptual knowledge and ability to convey benefit statement.
- Individually Driven Team player.