999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
for a position as a System Administrator or Network Administrator with the opportunity to work with other administrators to improve customer service and the reliability of the assigned information system. As a systems administrator for a start up IT Company, responded to rapid changes in technology, personnel, and work environments.
- 10 years total experience with Information Systems, Network Security, Information and Personnel Management.
- Seasoned Systems Administrator familiar with MS Windows 2000-2003 Server, 2000, XP OS and Sun Solaris 2.8.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Domain Name System, Windows Internet Naming Service, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with TCP, IP and IP routing, LAN, WAN, CAN designs, bridges and switches, OSI model and fiber optic technology.
- Experience with contract management and knowledge of technical task order creation and oversight.
- Extensive knowledge of 24-7 implementation and management of information technology support operations to include help desk, Call-in support and work priority management, and the use of Remedy.
- Extensive supervisor and management position experience.
Sep 2009- Feb 2010 ABC Inc. – System Administrator
- Administration of Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers.
- Troubleshoot backup failures.
- Implementation of changes on production servers in a large Web Center environment.
- Build servers for production and test environments following strict build procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues with members of other teams within I.T.
- Troubleshoot server hardware issues and work with service providers to facilitate repairs.
Jan 2008-Jul 2009 XYZ Corp. – System Administrator
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 deployment on various .
- Microsoft SCCM package creation and task sequence advertisements.
- SCCM manifest creations and imports of variables.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 installation, deployments, troubleshooting and automation.
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V virtualization configuration for servers.
- Monitor ticketing system for new tickets and work-items. Update existing tickets. Maintain hardware inventory control in ticketing system.
- Proactively monitor systems health by physically inspecting environment and utilizing provided tools such as SCOM, What’s up.
- Troubleshoot server hardware and software issues and escalate accordingly.
- Assist as part of a team in building and managing lab environments with complex settings, configurations, topologies and equipment including servers and various network elements.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations, port trunking.
- Assist in development, improvement and maintenance of imaging, deployment solution.
- Administer multiple disjoint Active Directory Forests, Domains, DHCP, DNS and various other Infrastructure services. Trust relationships setup, dcpromo and decommission of AD.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies (GPO)
- Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- SAN (storage area networks) and DAS (direct-attached storage) and associated HBA’s (both SCSI and Fiber-Channel) plus Windows Storage server with iSCSI connections.
- SQL Server 2005-2008 installation, clustering configuration for Windows Server 2008.
- Power shell automation for creation of virtual servers to vhosts.
- VMware mixed mode support environment customer test environment.
May 2006- Jan 2008 BCD Inc. – Windows Systems Administrator
- Managed systems configuration and maintenance, problem troubleshooting, system and program security, applications and program management, planning and directing upgrades, and testing operations to ensure optimum system functionality.
- Provided design, implementation, administration and support of Windows 2000 Active Directory and Windows NT legacy domain.
- Architected, installed and maintained Windows NT, 2000-2003 server solutions for both production and development environments.
- Managed the Help desk & Desktop Support team which supported Windows 9.X, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 along with the MS-Office including mail services.
- Investigated new technologies, software, patches, and security packages, which will improve system performance and systems administration procedures.
- Managed, led and supported Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 Active Directory domain network in multi-locations.
- Managed systems configuration and maintenance, problem troubleshooting, system and network security with Cyber Trust, scripting applications and program management, network monitoring and performance tuning, planning and directing upgrades and testing operations to ensure optimum system functionality.
- Performed high-level planning, implementation, recommendation.
- Met with Vendors to provide new technology (Software, Hardware, Tools, and Device) to enhance the Windows network architecture.
- Contributed to defining policies and procedures including domain migration, server consolidation, multi-platform migration, disaster recovery, enterprise backups, and SMS server and provide capacity-planning, performance and exceptional problem-solving, general systems health reports such as up time log.
- Monitored system and network activity to quickly detect any problems related to system security, performance, or system failures in a timely fashion and meet SLA agreements and provide daily technical support and 24, 7 on-call support as well as weekend outage and miscellaneous tasks.
- Implemented all phases from design through proof of concept, pilot and deployment. Implemented all product functionality, from IM and presence, file transfer, peer to peer and multi-party voice and Video integration.
- Planned, designed, tested, implemented and served as Support for the Microsoft OCS.
- Installed and configured Migrated Exchange 2000 to 2003, Exchange client configuration using Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Expanded e-mail capabilities through interconnecting Microsoft Exchange implementing Internet Mail Service (IMS) and deploying Outlook Web Access.
- Maintenance of Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access and Maintenance of Microsoft Office Outlook E-mail, Calendaring & Scheduling. Troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Outlook database & structure problems.
- of end-user workstation for troubleshooting tips and maintenance procedures for help desk.
University of Arizona
Bachelors of Science in Information Systems Management; Fall 2010
- Computer and Data Communications; Jan 2006
- Introduction to Key Management; Nov 2005
- Network Technologies and CISCO configuration; Apr 2004