Resume of Ruth Taylor
Sr. System Administrator
HighlySystem, Network and IT Administrator with 10+ years of experiences in commercial IT. Previous technical duties have included all aspect of company needs with IT support, administration, documentation, LAN configuration and implementation.
Server Experience: Experienced maintaining and administering servers remotely through the use of KVM over IP switches, Remote Console, Remote Desktop, SSH, and VNC. A great deal of Experience using the following server technologies: Windows Server 2000-2003 (Active Directory), VERITAS Cluster (VCS), Nets caler and F5 Big IP Load balance, Sun Solaris (Sun OS), SAN (Net app Filers), Actuate Reporting Server and Linux Red Hat along with its software modules, applications: DNS (Bind), email server (Post fix), Web mail (Squirrel Mail), database server (My Sql, Oracle), web server (Apache, Tomcat), FTP (vs FTPd), file server (Samba, NFS), auto install (Kick start), and firewall (IP Tables)
Networking Experience: Knowledge and experienced in the following network technologies: Cisco IOS, LAN, WAN, VLAN, IMAP, POP3, FTP, HTTP, TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP, gateways, firewalls and networking hardware such as Cisco switches and routers along with variety of monitoring system such as MRTG, Webalizer, Nagios, Cacti, Big Brother, Mother and AW Stats. Experience in administering and managing Sales Force Enterprise Edition, Appworx, and some experience in creating scripts and batch files for various tasks through primal script using programming languages such as: Java, C, C++, HTML, Assembly, LISP, SQL, PL, SQL, batch file and shell scripting.
PC Support Experience: A great deal of knowledge and experience in building and maintaining Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, 2003, SunOS, and Linux Red Hat operating systems. Experience with installing, supporting and administering the following programs: Microsoft Office XP and 2003 suite applications, Symantec, McAffe, Trend Micro Anti virus, Adobe Photo shop, CS, Dreamweaver, Cisco VPN Client, WS-FTP, Web Ex and variety of data backup & Imaging software such as Norton Ghost, Partition Magic Pro, Part Image and Acronis. Used Bugzilla, RT and Remedy pServ ticketing system to log ticket resolution and create support calls.
ABC Inc. 11/2008 – Present
Windows Systems Administrator
- Maintain complete accountability for monitoring and troubleshooting devices from NT, Windows 2000-2008, XP, HP Unix, Sun Unix, Switches and router platforms; resolve functionality issues, troubleshoot system issues, and apply security patches to ensure maximized performance.
- Expertise in resolving file system and service issues utilizing Sun UNIX, HP UNIX, Windows NT, 2000-2008, XP applications; ensure a robust and stable system, collaborate with vendors to resolve interoperability issues.
- Utilized VMware to migrate servers from a physical to a virtual environment; provide ongoing and support.
- Experienced McAfee & ePO Administrator; leverage applications to optimize balance between scanning protection and system performance.
XYZ Corp. 06/2007 – 09/2007
Windows System Administrator
- Provided on-call troubleshooting support for corporate data center – Windows servers, SQL, VMware, Share Point, and Exchange 2003 servers.
- Primary SQL Database Administrator for installation, maintenance, and support for 120+ SQL Servers and responsible for security analysis and high availability SQL 2005 and SQL 2008 clusters.
- Consulted with data center operations on alarm e-mails and request for change procedures.
- Provided support for Exchange 2003 – 5+ servers, monitored.
- Planned, developed, and implemented IT solutions as and when needed.
BCD Inc. 11/2006 – 05/2007
Windows System Administrator
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software and other applications.
- Strong understanding of Windows system administration, installation, security, user management, networking, disk configuration.
- Upgrade, Migration of MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 using suitable approach.
- Create and maintain Database maintenance plans for SQL 2000-2005.
- Used 3rd party utility to backup and restore Exchange 2003-2007.
- Purchased software licensing and tracked licensing compliance.
- Lowered spam by 80% using firewall filtering with real-time spam black lists for incoming email.
- Installed, configured, and updated server-based applications, including accounting system and records database.
- Modify, upload, and deploy Mac OS X images to desktop and laptop users.
- 24X7 support for very intensive environment.
- Backup and DR strategy implementation in Data Center Relocation Project.
- Deploy and support Dell servers on Microsoft 2003 Enterprise Server platform, Dell workstations, laptops, and PDAs.
- Demonstrate capacity for meeting deadlines and performing under challenging working conditions.
- Train junior engineers in network concepts and help them with troubleshooting issues.
- Versatile use of remote support tools: Web Ex, Show My PC, Go To Meeting, Show My PC.
- VMware ESX Server 3.5 Administrator.
- Backup and restore network data with VERITAS Backup Exec 10.0
- Blackberry Server administration and support for hand held users.
- Administrated and monitored Symantec Norton Anti virus Corporate Server.
- Implemented Network Address Translation using Static NAT, Dynamic NAT.
- Worked with newly acquired companies to integrate LANs across IPSec VPN for file sharing and piloting of VoIP phones.
- As Microsoft Windows 2003 Active directory Tier 3 team member, administered and maintained customer global catalog and child domain server environment.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) on managed routers.
- QA Testing and Certification of new features and patches of software, hardware functionality.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (CS)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Oracle Database Application Certificate
- Unix Systems Administration