999 Main Streets, Any Town, NY 99999
999-999-9999 (C): 999-999-9999 (H), email@example.com
WINDOWS SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
and project leadership.
system administration professional with superior background in troubleshooting, documentation
- Excellent documentation specialist proven to develop easy-to-read instructions and procedures from complex information.
- Highly trained technology expert adept at developing systems and overseeing functionality and operations.
- Project lead that coordinates all team activity to meet or exceed objectives.
- Troubleshooting expert skilled at delivering smooth processes and trouble-free technology environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- System Administration: Server development, troubleshooting and maintenance, data center team coordination, product support, special projects, maintenance, technology planning.
- Documentation: Project documentation, processes, diagrams, maintenance instructions, directions, user manuals, disaster recovery plans
- Project Lead: Team coordination, schedules, task assignments, and project follow-up.
- Troubleshooting LAN and WAN infrastructure, Windows servers and desktops diagnosis, resolution and repairs.
ABC INC. Any Town, NY, 5/2001-9/2009
- Build, deploy, and administer VMware virtual servers.
- Manage and deploy system patches.
- Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot backups.
- Plan, implement and troubleshoot upgrade of Net worker servers and over clients.
- Design and deploy new server farms.
- Monitor System Performance for newly built servers and tune systems for optimal production.
- Perform system hardware and software inventories of production servers.
- Administer Windows NT, 2000-2003 servers in a distributed enterprise environment using standard Microsoft tools.
- Monitor server hardware, performance, and up time and respond to outages promptly.
- Document server builds, server outages, and backup failures.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY, 2/2007-6/2009
Windows System Administrator
- Team Lead for Desktop Support – Managed Users enterprise systems and Remote User support including Laptops and Desktops, network and locally attached Printers, Blackberry’s, and cameras.
- Planned, Built, Tested, and Monitored Windows 2000, 2003 some 2008 servers.
- Project Documentation of both Applications and Systems configuration. Create User How-To Documentation for Applications and End User training as well.
- Manage several farms servers.
- Manage Enterprise Applications like SAP, Oracle Discoverer, Manugistics, Red Praire WMS and Primavera v6.
- Experience with HP and Dell Intel servers, VMware server systems. HP and Dell blade systems for future expansion.
- Participated in Change Management process representing the Support team.
- 24 & 7-365-Support documenting customer problem information, recommendations, and resolution in a clear and concise manner.
- Take ownership of customer issues escalated from Help Desk Level 1 and 2 support teams.
- Assure SQL server availability and functionality.
- Perform problem analysis and isolated problems of a complex level of difficulty with hardware and software.
- Experience with Active Directory, Ms Office suite proficient, can utilize Visio as well.
- Visual Basic, Windows Host and MFCOM Scripting.
- Data Administration backup and recovery. Quarterly Windows Server Security patching.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY, 5/2004 -10/2006
- Monitored and maintained severs utilizing a variety of tools.
- Managed user accounts, exchange accounts, distribution groups, account policies, out’s, in Active Directory.
- Maintained Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 Active Directory.
- Trained and Supported end-users with application related issues, which included VPN, Lawson, Stromberg, network related issues, etc.
- Installed, maintained and setup network printers.
- Maintained current software patches on all systems utilizing patch link.
- Maintained and document all incoming tickets and resolve within SLA.
- Installed, configured and setup Share Point 2007 Servers for intranet.
of Science in Computer Information Systems
Texas A&M University, College Station (graduated 8/1994)
Technical Certificate in Novell 3.11
Purdue University, West Lafayette (certificate in Novel 3.11 in 6/1993)
IBM, Dell and HP Servers, HP Storage works NAS Servers, EMC Invested and Clarion SAN Storage
Dell, HP and IBM workstations and IBM Think Pad Laptops, HP Tape Auto Library Ultrium LTO-2 Drive
Cayman Routers, Gigabyte Ethernet Switches
Windows 2003 network, Vista, XP, SQL Server 2005 administration and writing queries, Exchange 2003 and 2007
Email Server administration and maintenance, Right Fax 9.0 engineer, LAN, WAN, MS SQL 2005 administration,
Writing queries and modifying tables, MS Exchange 2007, Office 2003 and 2007, Outlook 2007, Avaya Site
Manager, McAfee, Symantec and Panda antivirus, Remedy, Enterprise Application Support, Share Point 2007
Administration, Site Scope, VERITAS Backup Exec, VERITAS Net back up Enterprise, Disaster recovery planning
PSTN and fax-to-email, unified Messaging, ISDN lines on Ethernet and WAN side, Configurations of PBX and PRI lines to work with client’s system, Disaster recovery fail over, wrote up procedure and created system diagrams with Visio from overview to detail of the fail-over layout. Followed project through conception and budgeting to end user training.